Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2008 8:55:28 AM EST
Are any of the current rail covers resistant to chemicals? I am wondering if specific types of rail covers such as the rubbery ladder covers should be removed when certain cleaning agents are used on your firearm or if all of them can take whatever you throw at them.

Any firsthand experience would be great.
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 9:49:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/26/2008 9:51:00 AM EST by LMT]
EricGST,

I suggest trying your pet chemical on a sample (or back of a sample) to see the effect.

Not rail pads per se, but I had a Milwaukie drill under my dresser that got oversprayed by carpet cleaning solution when the carpets were cleaned. The rubberized coating on the back of the grip turned into the consistency of modeling clay.
-LMT
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 2:31:17 PM EST
Most of todays cleaning/lube products are marked to indicate whether they can ruin plastics, etc. I use a product called Agua Clean which you could spay all over your gun without any harm and it's one of the best cleaning products I have found. Also a "Green" product. M-Pro-7 is OK and MC-25 is OK. Some products like the spray on gun scrubbers can do a number also but most make two products, one regular and one that is safe for polymeyrs (sp) and thats the one you want.
Top Top