Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/24/2004 4:15:39 AM EST
How do these SA-80 mags measure up, anyone had a bad experience with them?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:23:04 PM EST
I have a bunch of the black 'Imperial Defense Services' mags they are great.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:45:01 PM EST
The Radway green are different, I think they are Aluminum
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:13:18 PM EST
No one has had any before????
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:58:59 PM EST
I've got a few with the quick release floor plates marked "RG". I bought them for no real reason other than I have too much money for mags as markm would say and have not used them. I can take hi-res pix if you like and E-mail them to you. They are black teflon coated steel mags. I have not measured them with calipers, but they appear darn close to USGI. If these are the ones I believe Troy has opined they are inferior and not quite as reliable- but I have no experience with their functionality. Mine are not for sale BTW. IM me or E-mail if ya want some pix.

GoGo
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:45:54 PM EST
Sportsmans guide has them now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:24:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By Confederate:
Sportsmans guide has them now.

I saw them but a little overpriced at $30 a pop
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:11:39 AM EST
I got 4 aluminum RG mags with the detachable plastic floor plates at Knob Creek a couple years ago. They've worked well for me, although the feed lips seem a little less rigid than GI mags. The floor plates have an upward pointing prong similar to the green follower's, so you would have to remove the floor plate's prong to use a green follower and still load the mag to capacity. Green followers will fit the RG mag body, the brown magpul followers will not.
Top Top