BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/6/2015 8:20:10 PM EDT
Seriously... is RF playing a massive prank or am I missing something?  

Link
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
he is my local competition  and he is a nice guy  but the stuff is cheep quality..... rails and furniture in my visual experience where not good quality.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
$100 Seekins Precision SP-15 Forged Lower
$100 Lower Build Kit
$100 Forged Upper with parts
$40 low profile gas block and tube
$100 Melonite Barrel
$90 Melonite Bolt Carrier Group
$50  No name 12" Free Float Quad Rail
$20 for an hour of labor
That's a grand total of $600
It's a solid deal, but there are other great deals out there.  Salad days.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually bought my brother that same upper - came complete (included bcg, charging handle) - Radical Arms - for $300 for a christmas present.

I took it out to the range after I got it to make sure it was legit and it shot pretty good groups with some irons I through on it.

It was clean, no defects, shot well. Nothing I would brag about but my brother was very happy getting it.

-Millbarge

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a PTAC for $450. Prices are low right now. But I'd spend a couple hundred more and get a Colt or PSA.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/18781/s/ptac-16-m4-1-7-rifle/category/4426/
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I too, am very curious about these rifles.  I have been combing the internet for info on them, and everyone says they are "gtg" get "better accuracy than they expected for the price" etc.  Some people have put the last batch through a few tests on local forums, a few people were getting decent accuracy with the pistols they sell.  However since they haven't been out for a long, and during that time Radical has changed components they use several times, its really hard to get reliable reports on their current uppers beyond those quotes.  They SEEM like the best of the bargain batch, but its hard to know what with the lack of posted groups etc.  The other worrying thing to me is that normally manufacturers or even re-sellers will push their products out to reviewers even if they are mildly confident that they will get positive or just gtg reviews.  IDK if its because they are to small or too new, but I haven't seen a single review that WASN'T some guy on a forum (and even of those few test much or post pics).  I'm still hoping something with more disposable income than I, will buy one and really put it through its paces/stress test one.  Until then I'm on the fence.

Also I'm pretty sure PTAC's 4moa standard would be an inferior buy in comparison, but this is solely from reading peoples responses not personal experience.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Id never buy any kind of firearm from a company that calls itself "Radical Firearms"....
Now if they called themselves "Groovy Firearms"  then maybe
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I was wondering the same thing myself and I have been digging through every mention of them for over a month on every site I can find. I finally ordered an upper from them and its on its way now, took a week to ship when the site says 2-4 weeks. I saw one thread where some people were discussing the barrels because they were selling them cheap at some point and overall it was positive feedback So worst case scenario I have to replace the barrel. All the other parts appear to be rock solid.  The guard alone would cost around $200 by itself most places I have looked. The upper with no add-ons is listed at 329.99 and you can add a WMD NiB BCG for like 140 if you want which isn't bad either.

I realize this being my first post on these forums make me look suspicious as their agent probably  but I felt it was time to actually post just to get some more information out there for others considering a purchase from them. I will update with pics and range reports when I have some to share.  Posted the details from there website below if anyone was curious what I will be getting in the next day or two.

16" SOCOM Melonite Barrel
4150V Chrome Moly
1 in 7" twist rate
HPT/MPI
5.56 NATO Chamber
M4 Feed ramps
Low Profile Micro Gas Block
DGI Stainless Carbine-length gas tube
Direct Gas Impingement
Mil-Spec A2 Flash Hider
Seekins Precision MCSR Keymod Handguard
Integral Keymod and Picatinny Rail for Mounting Lights, Lasers, Bipods & Sights
Forged Upper Receiver with Forward Assist, Shell Deflector and T-Marks
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Got a 10.5" in. Nice keymod rail, put it on a Spikes lower. My friend had me sight it in and the first 60 rounds where flawless with M855. I would order another if I built one or a friend needed a upper. And the PSA 10.5 if you can catch them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Id never buy any kind of firearm from a company that calls itself "Radical Firearms"....
Now if they called themselves "Groovy Firearms"  then maybe
View Quote

How about Tubular Firearms, or Knarly Firearms?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:30:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Here is my Radical Firearms 599 5.56  and 300 BLK upper look great and happy so far of course not had a chance to shoot them much.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I have one of their 300 BLK uppers and am happy with it. Surprisingly accurate for a 8.5" barrel.  I could have saved a few bucks by buying their complete pistol but I wanted the Spikes Jolly Roger lower.

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:46:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Hi all,

First off I'd like to thank everyone for their support and comments.

We get away with our pricing by being able to have the purchasing power to buy in large quantity on some parts as well as manufacturing in house. We have four cnc mills and lathes that work on 3 shifts/24 hours a day. We are a manufacturer first of our parts, a retailer second. We truly care about passing on savings to our customers. Furthermore, every build we touch is test fired in house with a minimum of 3 rounds to insure functionally. We try to minimize mistakes but can admit they do happen (mostly cosmetic from someone not paying attention to details). We are humbled daily by supporters of our product and strive to find stronger vendors who support their product (such as Seekins) and offer that to you at a reduced cost. Sometimes it's possible, sometimes it's not. Oh and purchasing 10k Sig braces at once doesn't hurt ;)

PS: We really don't consider home based ffl guys "local competition" so working out of your house in seabrook is close.  We are a staff of 35+ and growing monthly. There isn't really one guy ;). And the last thing we'll do is call a competitor cheap or their parts such. Bad form my friend. I thought seekins and aero make great parts.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:38:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hi all,

We get away with our pricing by being able to have the purchasing power to buy in large quantity on some parts as well as manufacturing in house. We have four cnc mills and lathes that work on 3 shifts/24 hours a day. We are a manufacturer first of our parts, a retailer second. We truly care about passing on savings to our customers. Furthermore, every build we touch is test fired in house with a minimum of 3 rounds to insure functionally. We try to minimize mistakes but can admit they do happen (mostly cosmetic from someone not paying attention to details). We are humbled daily by supporters of our product and strive to find stronger vendors who support their product (such as Seekins) and offer that to you at a reduced cost. Sometimes it's possible, sometimes it's not. Oh and purchasing 10k Sig braces at once doesn't hurt ;)

PS: We really don't consider home based ffl guys "local competition" so working out of your house in seabrook is close.  We are a staff of 35+ and growing monthly. There isn't really one guy ;). And the last thing we'll do is call a competitor cheap or their parts such. Bad form my friend. I thought seekins and aero make great parts.
View Quote

Welcome to the site and thanks for posting! Now please go make some pistols Primary Arms is all sold out and we want to buy some
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:57:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hi all,

View Quote

I helped a friend put together a build and he used your socom profile barrel, very nice and shoots well.  So nice, my new Syrac Piston build has one it.  When I go to build another AR pistol upper I know what I am using.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:58:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
And the last thing we'll do is call a competitor cheap or their parts such. Bad form my friend. I thought seekins and aero make great parts.

Well put.  I'm in the market for a pistol upper.  I'll be checking you guys out based on the positive response.  +1 for good grammar.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#16]
The description says it all "budget" it is a starting line model nothing fancy. There are a lot better deals on much better guns out there if you look and can put one together yourself. If not this looks like a solid entry point when compared to DPMS etc.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Really can you link to one?  Cause at the very least for a 16' 1-7 twist upper I have yet to be able to find something that even comes close in terms of features/reported accuracy/CS for the price.  I'm not saying they dont exist, but my google-fu is pretty strong (looked at everything from PSA to Del-Ton, to Hardened Arms, all the used forums, armslist etc.), and even browsing the USED exchange here I have yet to find something that comes close.  As for reliability & QC, well only time will tell, which is why I am still on the fence at this point.  But really I would LOVE to see a better deal, especially on an upper (like really I need to buy one help a brother out).
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
he is my local competition  and he is a nice guy  but the stuff is cheep quality..... rails and furniture in my visual experience where not good quality.....
View Quote

You're calling his rifles poor quality? Wasn't this one of yours?

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hi all,

View Quote

Hi,

Thanks for your quality, I purchased one of your melonited 7.62X39 Bolt and & chrome lined BCGs from Primary Arms and I am very happy with it.  Over three hundred rounds and no problens with the bolt since Christmas with minmal wear.  I don't think people realize too that the cost of some items such as barrels goes down with newer technology, and has the same or better quality(i.e.melonite vs. chrome.)

Best Regards:
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like pretty solid specs.  The only thing I can see that deviates from the old tried and true mil standards is that they use a 9310 bolt instead of C158, and melonite their barrels instead of chrome line.  I kinda prefer C158, but there is an argument to be made for 9310 and I know some reputable mfg's use it.  I'm just kind of a stickler for old tried and true stuff.  Ultimately it isn't that big of a deal IMO.  At least they are HPT and MPI.  And as far as melonite goes, it is a great feature and does the same thing as chrome lining, only it is easier to apply it while retaining good accuracy.  No issues with that choice whatsoever... in fact, I wish more people used it.  

Look like a bargain to me, and I doubt you could build a comparable quality one much cheaper if any.  I recently put together a carbine using PSA stuff on Black Friday sale prices that had pretty much the same quality parts (just C158 bolt and chrome lined barrel instead of melonite), and it cost me about the same as that rifle, without factoring in the value of my time and labor for putting the lower together.

It is definitely head and shoulders over other complete rifles in that price range, like the S&W Sport, Ruger AR-556, DPMS, Del-Ton, etc.  I say go for it, if its what tickles your fancy.  Good to see another mfg. making decent priced setups with that little extra touch of quality over the ubiquitous low-end stuff.

The "groovy, tubular, gnarly" comments made me lol.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty Much the Worst AR-15's I've Ever Seen

Holy.

Shit.

Ironic post is ironic
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Holy.

Shit.

Ironic post is ironic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy.

Shit.

Ironic post is ironic

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/exposedtube-660x441.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/exposedtube-660x441.jpg

Well at least it looks "cool".

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Ouch.

Can't see much to knock on a $599.00 complete rifle built off of a name brand lower. But yeah, I guess the lack of a $279.00 BCM rail or $250.00 Magpul UBR stock is reason enough for some....
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, what a piece of crap.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#30]
So Hanovi, hows that reply coming?  Counting on you to come through for me with the better lower for a better or even comparable deal.

Really though RadicalFirearms I hope you are still watching this thread because I have a request.  Can you get your products out to some reliable reviewers?  Ones that would put them through their paces, not just shoot 300rds and call it GTG (Mrgunsngear for example who is a member here, although there are many many many others)?  I'm sure you are already doing just fine, but not only would it provide us with a far more concrete evidence upon which to make informed decisions regarding your product, but also the increased exposure would very likely be a great thing for you as well.  A lot of people can throw away $300-$600 and not miss it, but a lot more cannot and I can tell you right now a LOT of people go with "trusted" brands simply because they cannot take a risk on an "unknown" (relatively speaking), regardless of that "unknown" being a much better deal, at least on paper.  When I go to youtube or google, and search for your companies products, it should be met with a myriad of review from trusted sources and a decent number of forum posts to corroborate them.  It should not as is currently the case, be met with a few forum posts here and there, and 1-2 bubba's on youtube blasting away for 100 rounds and saying "its great!"  I realize you are small and new, and probably already have more business than you can fulfill easily, but if you want to continue that growth and become the next small manufacturer to "make it" what I just described should be pretty high on your list of priorities.  At least according to this single random forum users opinion.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

The description says it all "budget" it is a starting line model nothing fancy. There are a lot better deals on much better guns out there if you look and can put one together yourself. If not this looks like a solid entry point when compared to DPMS etc.
View Quote

I'll second this request to provide the links to "a lot better deals on much better guns out there"... because I've spent a LOT of time over the last 6 months looking for another firm that lives up to what you are claiming.

I have a RF 7.5" quad rail upper I bought from Primary Arms - I've been very happy with function, quality, parts, etc and have significantly more than 300 rounds down range with it.

I'd rate it in the same tier as my PSA 10.5" 300 blackout and AHEAD of my DPMS Sportical.

Of course, it's not in the same PERFORMANCE league as my LE 6940 ... but then again, I didn't pay anywhere near as much.

We really are in a Golden Age of AR-15's from the buyer's side of the equation.

Why some folks have to come on here to start pissing contests ... I just don't understand.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Hi all,

View Quote

The only reason I won't be buying a 7.62 x 39 upper from you in February ... my wife wants me to sell my pre-Ban SKS BEFORE I can replace it with your upper ... she just doesn't follow BRD logic.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#33]
I will also say my 7.5" has exceeded expectations. I will be buying a couple more uppers from you in the future. Now if you start making 9mm uppers I might be in trouble.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#35]
This thread has my interest. I am looking at the 10.5 seekins model.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I actually bought my brother that same upper - came complete (included bcg, charging handle) - Radical Arms - for $300 for a christmas present.
I took it out to the range after I got it to make sure it was legit and it shot pretty good groups with some irons I through on it.
View Quote

It was clean, no defects, shot well. Nothing I would brag about but my brother was very happy getting it.

-Millbarge

I own one. This post summarizes my experience nicely.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#37]
There are a ton of AR snobs out there that will never accept the fact that there could be a newer company that puts out a product that shoots and performs as well as their rifle that they spent hundreds more on because of name.  

I own a few top tier rifles and one Radical 16" upper that was less than $300 delivered and the performance and accuracy is there (5k+ rounds) My only complaints is their lack of employees to answer phones and their lead time (28 days to my door)  

With the market being flooded with parts I expect as long as there isn't another mass shooting that we will continue to see price wars between manufactures with us reaping the benefits
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#38]
I guess the main question now is...

7.5 or 10.5 upper?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

7.5 or 10.5 upper?
View Quote
I have the 7.5 and it works flawlessly.

that being said, I bought the 7.5 because the 10.5 was out of stick.

I'd go with the 10.5
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

7.5 or 10.5 upper?
View Quote

It is really great to have the compact form of a 7.5" .... but then I'd strongly suggest picking out a linear compensator NOW

https://www.google.com/search?q=linear+compensator&biw=1815&bih=831&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=XRS3VMq2N834yQS444DIAw&sqi=2&ved=0CCQQsAQ

I'd always heard the 7.5" made for "an aggressive report" from the standard A2. It's a more like this    ... but only every time you pull the trigger.

(For those practicing "water sports" on this thread, it's function of barrel length NOT manufacturer. Tho' some folks do seem challenged just by the barrel LENGTH concept.)

I have a 300 Blackout in 10.5" with the A2 and it is not a problem.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

the rail on the 7.5 extends to and slightly over the fh iirc. my can fits perfectly on the 10.5 with the standard rail.

i also wanted the slight velocity boost over the 7.5.
View Quote
IIRC, the velocity difference between the 7.5 and the 10.5 is significant enough that it may mean the difference between fragmentation and not.

10.5 all day.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

the rail on the 7.5 extends to and slightly over the fh iirc. my can fits perfectly on the 10.5 with the standard rail.

View Quote

Yes, it does. Pretty much any of the linear compensators will redirect the blast downrange and tame the impact ... for those of us not yet fortunate enough to have a can. The muzzle flash, however, is roughly equal to my 20" .308 which does not have a flash hider.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

really depends on what you are doing with it. for social work at close distances it should be fine or just run different ammo than m193. i will say the noise level on these will make your ears bleed. get a blast shield or can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC, the velocity difference between the 7.5 and the 10.5 is significant enough that it may mean the difference between fragmentation and not.  

10.5 all day.

really depends on what you are doing with it. for social work at close distances it should be fine or just run different ammo than m193. i will say the noise level on these will make your ears bleed. get a blast shield or can.

Absolutely.  The slim lo pro BRT linear comps work great on my SBRs, and my .308.  They are very incognito, and frankly look great as opposed to some of those obnoxious looking linears, and blast cans.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL

Aren't you supposed to be trying to make rifles that don't fall apart?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:07:04 PM EDT
[#48]
10.5 it is!  Thanks guys!

Now, let's get back to pointing and laughing at endingining and his crappy rifles lol.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:08:37 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

10.5 it is!  Thanks guys!

Now, let's get back to pointing and laughing at endingining and his crappy rifles lol.

View Quote
find out which blast director shield thingy TBS has, and get one.

it rocks
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:41:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Well well well. Ive had a RF 10.5 barrel sitting here for a few months and was kind of worried about the quality as id never really heard of them. I guess I need to build this thing and shoot it now.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top