Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/10/2003 9:02:19 PM EDT
I am currently surfing Ebay and saw a Rock River Arms upper.The seller stated they were the new Millitary Contractors.I thought F.N. had the contract?
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#1]
FN does have the contract, and Colt makes M4s. Bushmaster made a run of rifles, some say they also made some M4s, but that is not verified.

RRA is a new company, and thus far have not produced weapons for the military.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 1:50:12 AM EDT
[#2]
On eBay, people say a lot of BS to try to get top dollar for their stuff from people that are not too knowledgeable.  Sometimes you will get a good deal but most of the time, you can find things cheaper elsewhere like on the Equipment Exchange here.  Anyway, eBay is antigun.  There are plenty of dealers on the Equipment Exchange here that charge fair prices and back what they sell.  You will not find that on eBay.  You are more likely to get ripped off there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:46:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I posted the same question under "barrels, uppers, etc."

I heard the same thing from a well known dealer at this site (AR15.com).
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:15:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I think theres a little bit of confusion but this isn't the usual "In service with Special Forces..blah blah" BS..
RRA did recently get a contract to provide rifles to the Govt.- but not the military- It was an FBI contract.  Anyways- It is pretty cool for such a young company to get a contract like that so early.  Good for them!
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:56:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the posts guys.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
RRA did recently get a contract to provide rifles to the Govt.- but not the military- It was an FBI contract.  
View Quote

where did you come up with that info?
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Duplicate thread from [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=167392]R,U,L,B,&M.[/url]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the thread Notac.The Ebay seller is a R.R.A. dealer.....
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#9]
just as I thought, internet rumors and "I have it on good authority" nothing concrete that says they are contracted to either making spare parts, or weapons.

unless someone can come up with undisputable fact, the only folks that make M16s for the gov't is COLT and FN.

you can file this RRA, bushmaster etc... as a contractor,  under the bullshit file.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks SFCRET.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
RRA did recently get a contract to provide rifles to the Govt.- but not the military- It was an FBI contract.  
View Quote

where did you come up with that info?
View Quote

My "friends" in the "bureau" told me...
[img]http://www.litrca.com/mike/airsoft.jpg[/img]
Why?  You don't think I should trust 'em? [:)]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought the Bushmaster M4 production run was a true story?
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am currently surfing Ebay and saw a Rock River Arms upper.The seller stated they were the new Millitary Contractors.I thought F.N. had the contract?
View Quote

They must have.  I bought 2 of those recievers from Pete that are US PROPERTY marked. >)
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I know for a fact that the DEA Will soon be using RRA M4s exclusively and the FBI may be following. All will be using Eotechs BTW.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#15]
sfcret:
Call BS if you want, but the SIGARMS part of the contract (see my post in the other thread linked above) is apparently true. I have no reason to doubt that the rest of the info related to me regarding this contract is true, as well.

[url]http://www4.fosters.com/News2003/July2003/July_11/News/bu_0711k.asp[/url]

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
sfcret:
Call BS if you want, but the SIGARMS part of the contract (see my post in the other thread linked above) is apparently true. I have no reason to doubt that the rest of the info related to me regarding this contract is true, as well.
View Quote

[url]http://www4.fosters.com/News2003/July2003/July_11/News/bu_0711k.asp[/url]

OK the SIGARMS contract is true, I'll grant you that, as you verify it......but there is no proof thart RRA is a contractor, so unless you, or someone else can verify that story, it's bullshit to me. I should be a resident of missori, you have to show me......things like "I know for a fact" and "I have it on good authority" and other such nonsense, doesn't cut for me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

you can file this RRA, bushmaster etc... as a contractor,  under the bullshit file.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I should be a resident of missori, you have to show me......things like "I know for a fact" and "I have it on good authority" and other such nonsense, doesn't cut for me.
View Quote

I actually agree with you on this- The amount of BS on the internet (esp. gun boards) is pretty astounding and if I were you I wouldn't take the word of a total stranger (like myself).  In this particular case an announcement will be made pretty soon re: RRA's contract..but in the other 99 times out of a hundred, you'll be correct when you call BS.

Good shootin'
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Some one bought the upper off ebay this morning from the dealer.I appreciate the comments.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In this particular case an announcement will be made pretty soon re: RRA's contract..but in the other 99 times out of a hundred, you'll be correct when you call BS.

View Quote

Ahab, post the announcement when it comes.

Link Posted: 8/15/2003 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#21]
RRA hasn't issued a press release on it, but you'll probably see one from EOTech, who will have one of their sights on top of each of the 1100+ rifles in the first batch of the contract with the DEA.  As I understand it, it'll be a 14.5" bbl carbine, with a quad rail forearm, some kind of Surefire light, the EOTech, a flip-up rear sight, 6-pos stock, Hogue grip, tac sling, case, etc...
Call RRA for details if you want.  They'll talk about it, but they otherwise keep a low profile.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone say that RRA has the military contract is a BS artist, don't get that cheating lying bastard your money.  It is full of crap. period.

RRA does have a large gov't contract for DOJ, which DEA will be the first of the DOJ agencies to receive the RRA M4 equipped with EOTech. I know this because I saw the paper on the purchase from my EOTech buddy.

Nevertheless you should still purchase a RRA since they do make a high quality product.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Everyone agrees on the quality.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top