Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2007 5:46:22 PM EDT
Who has a preference for one or the other A2 NM lowers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
i like the bush
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Why hitman, or is it just a "feeling" thing? I've heard great things about both; paricularly re.; the tolerances of the RR. I have NO experience, however, with the RR. If anyone also prefers another A2 NM lower besides those in the title, please chine in.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
RRA for me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 2:45:10 AM EDT
[#4]
RRA for me to
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:12:06 AM EDT
[#5]
rra here
dennis
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:14:39 AM EDT
[#6]
RRA for me as well. Bushy's seem sloppy by comparison
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:22:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
RRA for me as well. Bushy's seem sloppy by comparison

+1

Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:30:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Who has a preference for one or the other A2 NM lowers.

Lowers are all pretty similar, but when you think RRA, you are reminded of the RRA trigger, which is a very popular choice among competition shooters.

They also offer a 'matched' upper/lower combination,  

Overall, the RRA is a great choice here.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 4:34:07 AM EDT
[#9]
...deleted...
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 5:09:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Bushmaster
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 5:17:02 AM EDT
[#11]
The best answer to this question is buy both !!!!!!!! I have one of each , love them both but I do have to admit the RRA has a finish 2nd to none, but my Bushmaster was my first and still my fav..
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Why hitman, or is it just a "feeling" thing? I've heard great things about both; paricularly re.; the tolerances of the RR. I have NO experience, however, with the RR. If anyone also prefers another A2 NM lower besides those in the title, please chine in.

i have a bushmaster and i love it... so im kinda one sided on this. I have shot a bunch of RRA and they make a hell of a firearm. someone said the trigger thing.. that is another good thnig about RRA

i just like the feel of the bushy lower, i would honestly say these are pretty close, so its just personal pref. to you

get both +1
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:30:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a couple of both and I have to say if you like aesthetics then the RRA lowers seem to be better finished than the bushy.  Something else I've noticed is that the bushy lowers seem to have a more generously relieved magwell.  Some of my USGI surplused magazines will not go into the RRA without some friction whereas the bushy will take and seat just about any magazine I have tried without any problems (ie--completely drop-free).  OT--superior arms has an even tighter magwell than RRA, but Essential Arms has a magwell cut somewhere between Bushy and CMT/STAG/RRA.  Mega is somewhere between EA and CMT/STAG/RRA.  When I get a chance, I'll try to snap some pics with the micrometer.

Tyrone
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#14]
IMHO -- half a dozen of this, six of the other....

I have both and they are both excellent.  This may sound silly, but if I were choosing between the 2 today, I'd employ this criteria:

1. Coolest logo (I'm partial to the snake)
2. Coolest finish (I like the flatter finish on the RRA better)
3. Lowest price (at recent gun shows RRA lowers have been a bit less than BFI -- 10-ish% maybe)

Either way, I'd stick an RRA trigger group in it.... My Bushy's all have RRA triggers except the 20" BFI A4 I just bought.... and you can tell a difference.  Its on order....

Link Posted: 4/23/2007 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Bushy
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top