Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 11:08:34 AM EDT
I am building a new rifle and would like some opinion. For the same price a can get either a rra with a 2 stage trigger and 6 position stock, or a stag with the same. I have used RRA before, and know thier quality. How about stag? I'd like to try something different, wondering id it would be a good choice>
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#1]
If the prices are the same I would go with RRA. But since you specifically said you'd like something different, go for the Stag. IMO the Stag should be a couple dollars cheaper than the RRA.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
two of the same when it comes to fit & finish

go with whats cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Continental Machine makes both the Rock River and Stag lowers. Stag is their house brand.

So go with the one whose emblem you like better, because they are otherwise identical
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Continental Machine makes both the Rock River and Stag lowers. Stag is their house brand.

So go with the one whose emblem you like better, because they are otherwise identical

does the rra use a mil spec buffer tube...i didn't think they did, and the stag says it does.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

does the rra use a mil spec buffer tube...i didn't think they did, and the stag says it does.

Stag uses a mil-spec buffer tube. RRA does not.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:25:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought the man was asking about lowers------which to me means stripped.

Yes, what goes onto and into the lower is different, between RR and Stag, but the lowers are the same.

Oh BTW, I just bought a Stag buffer tube, and while the dimensions are mil spec, the finish is a POS.  Put a light coat of lube on it, and the color started coming off, down to the black anodized surface.

On top of that, the color it came in is the very early light shade that Colt abandoned 20 years ago. Looks like I have a refinishing job on my hands with a brand new piece

Why is it that every time a company gets successful, like CMT/Stag, they start sacrificing the quality that bred their success, to crank out the most product.  Quality control goes into the pits
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I have several CMT/STAG stocks. The finish on the tubes is fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top