Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2003 10:56:55 AM EST
I've got an RRA Varmint flat top upper with 20" SS heavy barrel. Trying to decide between an RRA complete lower w/ std. trigger for $210 and a Bushmaster complete lower for $260.

Is the Bushmaster worth the extra money? If not, I could use the difference to buy a scope mount!!

Thanks,

John
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 3:27:29 PM EST
Id stick with the RRA lower, I am no expert on the subject though only own one AR-15 and just got it together and working right with the help of the fellows on this board. I have cranked off a few rounds on other peoples ARs over the years shot the piss out of a RRA rifle last novemeber liked it enough I bought the RRA Upper to finish out my Bushy lower. thecolor of the finish on the two halves came out a perfect match so I dont think youd have any worries there which ever way you decide to go. Jonathan D.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:48:50 PM EST
John, if all things were equal, like price, I would say choose Bushmaster, mostly because they've been doing lowers longer and I personally like the appearance of theirs better than the (to me) plain appearance of the RRA lower. But I've dealt with RRA and think a lot of their products too. For the $50 difference, I'd go with RRA, even though I don't care for their looks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:44:19 PM EST
rock river all the way i feel their lowers generally fit tighter in all the guns ive seen and i'd go with their NM trigger too unless you are going aftermarket. best factory trigger by far
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 3:28:59 AM EST
Especially considering that your upper is a RRA, not to mention the RRA lower is much cheaper, go with RRA. I'd go with Bushmaster if they were closer in price, but $50 is quite a bit more.
Top Top