Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/16/2005 7:00:52 PM EDT
Anybody ever use one? I'm looking to build a SAM-Rish upper, and am looking at this barrel as a substitute for the Krieger(I've got budget contraints). The RRA stainless barrel by Wilson seems to fit the bill nicely. Its got a 1:8 twist, its fairly thick, and its got a wylde chamber. My question is, well, what do you guys think of it? Its relatively inexpensive, and I think it should fit my needs nicely. Whats your opinion of the barrel, oh gods of all things AR?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:19:02 PM EDT
RRA barrels generally are pretty heavy. I sold mine for that exact reason. Another option is the Global Tactical Recon barrel Click Here. It's made by WOA so the blanks are identical as the ones used by RRA. It also has the Wylde chamber you were looking for. Best of all, it comes with the bolt, so the difference in price isn't that much for what is in my opinion a better barrel.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:40:29 AM EDT
My 16 in RRA is sub moa for 10 shots with a stock trigger using 75grn hormady handloads . If you buy it from adco you can have it profliled if that is you thing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:52:38 AM EDT
i get 1 1/2" groups from my 24" with wolf ammo
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:16:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 6:19:49 AM EDT by TheFlyingFinn]

Originally Posted By caneau:
RRA barrels generally are pretty heavy. I sold mine for that exact reason. Another option is the Global Tactical Recon barrel Click Here. It's made by WOA so the blanks are identical as the ones used by RRA. It also has the Wylde chamber you were looking for. Best of all, it comes with the bolt, so the difference in price isn't that much for what is in my opinion a better barrel.

Those barrels sound really promising. I think I'll get one for my precision AR project. You think they will hold 1/2-SUB MOA accuracry out to 300 meters?

Edit: Do these barrels come with a gas block?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:00:05 PM EDT
Accuracy wise, if I were to guess, I'd say the Recon Barrels could hold about MOA with the right ammo. My old RRA barrel could shoot about MOA with WWB ammo, so I imagine these could do about the same. My only concern would be the length. 16" is pushing it for 300 yards. Consider a 20" Krieger or similar quality barrel for your purposes (benchrest or prone shooting I assume since few can shoot offhand 2" groups at 300 yards).
Top Top