Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2008 9:02:41 PM EDT
I just wanted to say, I shot my RRA 20" today at the range in Bristol, WI.  I was shooting at the 50 yard line and hitting a bulls eye on every shot.( first time)  I moved to the 100 yard range ( for the 1st time) and I was grouping everything within 3" of each other.  I initially was shooting PMC ammo and was not getting good results.  I switched to Remington ammo and it made a HUGE difference.

I also purchased a spotting scope at Cabelas yesterday.  I bought a Burris Landmark, 20-60.  I WORKED FANTASTIC!  I can see perfectly at 100 and 200 yards!

I am on Cloud 9

Its amazing how the little one can appreciate the little things.  Conversely, I am awaiting the Bushmaster 50bmg to become available, I want this weapon before this damn election. I think  between Daley, Blagovich and if Barack gets elected, we are screwed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Rock Rivers are good to go, glad you are enjoying it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Aaaaah, my old stomping grounds.  Did they make you fire one round at a time?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:24:17 AM EDT
[#3]
yup, but I am using a follower in the mag so that makes it very easy!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:59:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't understand what you mean.  Plus my post sounded kind of stupid too.  I meant one round in the rifle at a time.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#5]
A follower is a plastic piece that goes in the mag, so I can load 1 bullet at a time through the ejection port.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#6]
at 4 to 5 dollars a pop, who can afford to shoot the 50 except military, i'd suggest getting a DPMS or a Springfield scout in 308.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
A follower is a plastic piece that goes in the mag, so I can load 1 bullet at a time through the ejection port.

Aaaah, cool.  If you want a better range that is open to the public that may be kind of in your driving range you should try McMiller.  You don't have to load one at a time and they go out to 300.  I loved going to Bristol, but that is very limiting.  I always had fun with guys that were there though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]
how much is it to shoot at Mcmiller
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats on the RRA.  Have fun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#10]
i know the 50bmg's are expensive to shoot, but I want one before the damn things are banned.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top