Hello, Im looking for a installation diagram
showing the  service rifle float tube
assembly procedures any help is greatly appreciated

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#1]
nothing yet????   come on guys lend me a hand
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Not that many CMP/DCM shooters in here. You should call RRA, they'd be happy to explain. I could be wrong, but I think it involves removing the barrel nut and front sight base. I want to do the same, so I may call them tommorow. I know Compass lake engineering, which caters to Service Match shooters will install it for you, they sell their own, I may have them do my Armalite.

Anyway, check their info on how CLE does theirs:
www.compasslake.com/float_tube.htm

[img]http://www.compasslake.com/images/float_1.jpg[/img]

Compass lake is one of the best smiths for Service class DCM/CMP rifles, they do good work.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:11:17 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks....Im still looking.... I really want to complete this rifle myself then go from there with any accuracy issues

my specific area of concern is how the
 Handguard Slip Ring Retaining Ring  
 Handguard Slip Ring Spring  
 Handguard Slip Ring  
work in conjunction with the new tube

let me know how yours turns out

thanks again
Craig
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:33:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Double C,

The handguard pieces you mentioned will all re-install on the new barrel nut that came with the RRA float tube.  The new barrel nut is the same as the old one with the exception of having a threaded sleeve to screw the float tube onto.  The nut has a square groove cut in its circumference to accept the snap ring just like the original barrel nut.  I installed one about two months ago.  You will need a vice block for the upper and a good barrel nut wrench (I bought the one from DPMS, it has the proper spanner to tighten the float tube on the barrel nut).  A pair of snap-ring pliers will make for a better day, also.  If yor float tube didn't come with modified handguards, you will have to enlarge the opening at the muzzle end to fit around the float tube.  I used a dremel and took it slow, not too difficult.  I may still have the installation instructions.  If I do I will scan them and post it.  They are not very detailed, though, as I remember.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:02:03 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks alot......thats exactly what I was wondering about.........

I got the same instructions you did I think small yellowish pamphlet type deal.....

thanks again
Craig
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top