Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2003 1:15:50 PM EDT
What would be the best option for a postban RRA M4 barrel with the fake flashhider pressed on the end of the barrel? I would rather not cut the barrel down, but would entertain it.  

Basically would like to install a vortex hider when the bun sunsets (if it does LOL.....)

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The RRA pressed on faux flash hider can be removed, but the muzzle has been turned down smaller than standard muzzle threads.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Shoot was hoping to not cut the barrel.  Let me get the math here, if the OAL is 16" (with the fake hider) and the barrel was cut do you think there would be enough meat to thread it and install a vortex to bring it out to 16"?
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea I had a Fulton Armory 16 barrel w/h hake hider (same as RRA) and I cut it down to 15" threaded it and permently attached a A2 flash hider to it. thats the way to go.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not replace the barrel with a threaded one if no new laws are enacted after the sunset?It might be the easiest route.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Redbone, my thoughts exactly.  That was my plan for my 3 post bans.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:51:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Thats a good idea, didn't think of that.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 5:05:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy the bbl now.  If and when the AWB sunsets, everybody and his brother will be wanting threaded bbls or "post ban" configured uppers.  Remember econ 101 and the supply and demand idea.  You will probably save yourself green.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 5:16:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Buy the bbl now.  If and when the AWB sunsets, everybody and his brother will be wanting threaded bbls or "post ban" configured uppers.  Remember econ 101 and the supply and demand idea.  You will probably save yourself green.
View Quote

Is it legal to have pre-ban barrells in the same safe as post ban rifles?
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 5:43:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn't think so but I'm sure someone more knowledgible would.Perhaps keeping the barrel/s at a friend or family member's house.A barrel can be wrapped up and boxed and kept in an attic or garage w/o anyone knowing the contents and it's not going to get anyone in trouble.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#12]
As for installing a threaded hider on an unthreaded barrel,the smaller barrel could be threaded,and a busing made to adapt the hider down to the barrel(think about a pipe bushing/reducer or even a thread repair insert.Heck,if there is enough demand,Heli-Coil might make some kits!).This would best be done on a lathe to keep everything concentric.
Just my backasswards way of thinking/doing things,Robert.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the post gents.

Talked to Kurt and he could do a nice job cutting the barrel to 14.5 and installing a KKF A3 hider, may do that.

Also, was checking out CMMGs M4 DPMS barrels with the Phantom flashhider looks like a nice set up for 3 bones.

Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all the post gents.

Talked to Kurt and he could do a nice job cutting the barrel to 14.5 and installing a KKF A3 hider, may do that.

Also, was checking out CMMGs M4 DPMS barrels with the Phantom flashhider looks like a nice set up for 3 bones.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top