Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 9:01:58 PM EDT
Just how good are these compared to standard run of the mill triggers on BM, Colt or RR rifles?

Worth the cost?

Will this trigger affect reliability?

Any issues with using mainly surplus and non-match ammo with these triggers?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive had a RRA 2 stage match trigger in my Bushmaster SS 20" for about 3 years now.  Best 75 bucks I spent on an upgrade.  Standard triggers in ARs are you basic military trigger designed to be used in combat even in civilan rifles.  The pull is obscenely HEAVY when compared to a 2 stage but functional in a battle rifle.  If your just going to plink and have fun then a 2 stage is more of a luxury but if you plan to shoot Hi-Power competition or any accuary based competition with an AR then a Trigger Upgrade is almost a MUST.  As far as reliability goes in 3 years I've never had a problem with my 2 stage trigger.  I would venture to guess that in a SHTF scenario that the standard trigger would be inherently more reliable.  I've shot Surplus and non match ammo with a 2 stage and have never had a failure to fire in my standard Bushmaster.  I also have a 2 stage JP adjustable trigger on my Panther Race Gun and the spring tension is so light that it wont fire harder military primers but then again its a match gun so it only gets fed match ammo.

I hope this helps you.  GL  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Only problem I've ever heard about the RRA 2-stage is that they sometimes turn into single stage after some use.  I've never personally experienced this.  

100% Not true in the slightest
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Only problem I've ever heard about the RRA 2-stage is that they sometimes turn into single stage after some use.  I've never personally experienced this.  

+1
Mine's been 100% also.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:45:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

100% Not true in the slightest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoted:
Only problem I've ever heard about the RRA 2-stage is that they sometimes turn into single stage after some use. I've never personally experienced this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted By Zardoz
+1
Mine's been 100% also.

You guys are 100% NOT in agreement.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:12:56 AM EDT
[#6]
It is a very good trigger.  Crisp letoff with enough weight of pull to keep it safe.  Miles and miles ahead of any stock trigger.   It lacks adjustability, but this is probably a good thing as a poorly adjusted trigger is a real liability to you and those around you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top