Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/15/2006 4:24:34 PM EDT
Pardon me because i am a bit of a newb. I am browsing the rra catolog and the entry tactical,tactical CAR A4 and the elite tactial A4 seem to be the same rifle in the standard configuration. Am i missing something?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:43:08 PM EDT
They are all essentially the same rifle base. But the Entry has a 16'' R4 profile barrell or as some people call it, m4gery. Its the cut out for the "grenade launcher". It has the m4 style handguards. The Car a4 has a standard 16'' barrel with no cut out and the same m4 style handguards as the Entry. The Elite Car a4 has a standard 16'' barrell as well but it has the mid length handguards. So it really just depends on which one you like the looks of better. Not much chance to really use the cut out in the barrell of the Entry unless you want to put a flare launcher on it for kicks. The Elite does give you mid lenght handguards which some guys prefer. I think becuase if you install rails on it you'll have more room for add on's.

i am no expert just own some, so take it for what its worth
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:49:19 PM EDT
Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:50:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dav257:
They are all essentially the same rifle base. But the Entry has a 16'' R4 profile barrell or as some people call it, m4gery. Its the cut out for the "grenade launcher". It has the m4 style handguards. The Car a4 has a standard 16'' barrel with no cut out and the same m4 style handguards as the Entry. The Elite Car a4 has a standard 16'' barrell as well but it has the mid length handguards. So it really just depends on which one you like the looks of better. Not much chance to really use the cut out in the barrell of the Entry unless you want to put a flare launcher on it for kicks. The Elite does give you mid lenght handguards which some guys prefer. I think becuase if you install rails on it you'll have more room for add on's.

i am no expert just own some, so take it for what its worth

The Elite CAR4 not only has the "mid-length" handguards, but it also has a mid-length gas system which supposed to be easier on the rifle than the carbine/short gas system.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:24:45 PM EDT
I got a RRA Elite CAR A4 middy and can confirm that the mid length gas system is a much smoother action than the carbine version. I really like the longer front handguard and the fact that the sight radius is 2" longer too. For all of the above, I'd recommend an Elite CAR A4 over the other two.
Top Top