Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2010 3:33:42 PM EDT
Yesterday i had a friend over and i took the forend off my LAR-15 entry tactical. and i know on the barrel is crome lined and has a 1:9 twist. i was reading through threads on the site here and i was checking to see if my barrel had any of this stamped on the barrel and much to my surprise there was nothing stamped on the barrel. is that just normal for RRA or do i not have what i think i have.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I went through the same thing. RRA puts a code on their barrels usually on top of the barrel near the barrel nut under the handguards. There's a list on this site somwhere that tells what each code means. There will also be an extra number or letter that is used to show what gunsmith at RRA put the gun together. They each have a different stamp or number. I think most of the codes are like 200 or 210 something like that with either a letter or a number before or after it. Someone on here will post a link to that thread that has the codes I'm sure.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I went through the same thing. RRA puts a code on their barrels usually on top of the barrel near the barrel nut under the handguards. There's a list on this site somwhere that tells what each code means. There will also be an extra number or letter that is used to show what gunsmith at RRA put the gun together. They each have a different stamp or number. I think most of the codes are like 200 or 210 something like that with either a letter or a number before or after it. Someone on here will post a link to that thread that has the codes I'm sure.

yeah i didnt find anyhting on my barrel with the grips off
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
It's pretty annoying...
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's pretty annoying...

yeah it kinda is but dose that mean  it is normal or what??? your post isnt threall helpful
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's pretty annoying...

yeah it kinda is but dose that mean  it is normal or what??? your post isnt threall helpful

How do you know the barrel is chrome-lined?  Where did you buy the rifle from?   My RRA ent tac had the stampings on the top of the chamber under the handguards.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's pretty annoying...

How do you know the barrel is chrome-lined?  Where did you buy the rifle from?   My RRA ent tac had the stampings on the top of the chamber under the handguards.

i got it used from my local fun store. and i use the word used very loosley the gun was barely fired. and seemed rather new so i just went to the rra website and seen what the options were on the gun new and there was only one so i just assumed
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you contact RRAMODERATOR?

Quoted: Posted: 7/6/2010 3:41:33 PM EDT
Anyone notice that many of our newer barrels (say, the past seven or eight months or so) are now stamped forward of the frobt sight housing?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought my RRA as a complete rifle, and all the barrel information is a little bit back from the flash hider real easy to see...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top