Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2006 4:28:28 PM EDT
I have searched and could not find a thread about this topic.  I do not want a blow-by-blow comparison.  I was wondering if the fit, function, and reliability of both rifles are pretty much comparable.  I have the chance to buy an Armalite M4 carbine right now, or wait and buy a RRA Entry Tactical (but wait 4-6 weeks for delivery).  Should I buy one right now or hold out and have one built.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
IMHO both are fine AR's.  I would pick ArmaLite as I've had many and have been well served.

5sub
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
+1, but I do believe the RRA will be more accurate.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Insted of the RRA Entry Tactical, I'd suggest the Elite CAR A4 w/a chrome-lined barrel.  It's got a middy gas system and is very well made.  Eagle Firearms is a great source for RRAs.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I just went through this......I ended up ordering the Armalite, I like the mid length and the chrome lined barrel, I can mess with the other stuff such as sights and furniture later on.  They have great customer service and it's available now.  I checked with my local dealers and they all bitched about RRA delivery times and being that I prefer to support my local gunshops it made the decision even easier.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Instead of the RRA Entry Tactical, I'd suggest the Elite CAR A4 w/a chrome-lined barrel.  It's got a middy gas system and is very well made.  Eagle Firearms is a great source for RRAs.

I got my Elite CAR A4 w/chrome lined barrel from Eagle and couldn't be happier.   While I like the idea of a lighter barrel, I went shooting this morning and with a 6xs scope and my basic plinking reloads (55grn FMJBT mil pulled M-193 bullets @ 2,872fps) and elbow supported from the bench I was hitting a 14" plate at an astounding 600 yds!  Great fun.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top