Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/21/2004 11:41:54 AM EST
Does anyone have one. Mine seem to be out-of-round. When I tighten them down, there is a ~1/16" gap where the rings come together. Is this how they are supposed to be? There is good contact all the way around the scope, but they just seem to be a little short. They are one inch rings and yes it is a 1" scope not 30mm. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:04:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 12:08:03 PM EST by shamayim]
There is supposed to be a slight gap between the edges of the two ring halves. If they tightened all the way to touch each other, you would risk not getting them tight enough to clamp the scope firmly.

Not wanting to appear snotty, but is this the first time you've ever mounted a scope? Every two piece set of rings I've ever used left a slight gap between the top and bottom. I usually try to set the pieces so the gap is equal on both sides. If you tighten one side so the two pieces touch, you will invariaably get a gap on the other side that is large and ugly.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:28:46 PM EST
I have mounted scopes before, but have never seen this. Granted most of the rings I have had experience with in the past have been cheapos. I trust your experience. It makes perfect sense to have a gap. Thanks for the help.
Top Top