Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:12:22 PM EST
I did a couple of searches for this but came up empty. I notice that Rock River Arms offers several models of their upper assemblies in .223 Wylde chambering. I have never heard of this. Can someone enlighten me. Is this a special caliber round or will it handle 5.56 and .223 Rem, too? Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:30:01 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:51:47 AM EST
The link claims RRA uses the Wylde chamber in all of it's rifle's. That's incorrect. Only some of the standard/varmint/NM variants come with the Wylde. All others are 5.56.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:21:09 AM EST
Actually it says that RRA uses the Wylde chamber in MOST of their rifles which may be true. Thanks for the link, Hooligan22! That's a great site. If I understood the information correctly, companies like RRA use the Wylde chamber so that civilian users can shoot .223 and 5.56 ammo in their rifle more safely (i.e.- the chamber won't be as tight as a typical .223 so pressure with military surplus ammo won't be a concern PLUS the chamber will be tighter than a military chamber so it should be slightly more accurate). The best of both worlds, sort of?
Top Top