Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 6:45:23 PM EDT
I have a RRA 18" Varmint upper that I am considering modifying by replacing the aluminum tube forearm with a DD and also turning the barrel down to something less than .920" that it is now.

My question is if I turn the barrel down to something less than .920 the entire length but more than .750" as standard, can I get a gas block that is a size in between?

Thanks,

77Bronc
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:46:58 AM EDT
[#1]
just dont turn it down at the gas block
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#2]
How much added functionality are you going to get from a .85 barrel or .7934" versus the .920 you have, or more to my point, from just going to a straight .750?  I guess I don't understand why you'd go to the trouble of turning to an odd size and finding an odd FSB/gas block when you could just go to either:
1) a stepped barrel that's big in the back and .750 at the block and forward,
2) a straight .750,
3.) flutes in your .920

You're gonna spend a ton to get a custom-sized gas block in addition to the price to turn the barrel!  I'd suggest you just go to a straight barrel.

My $.02, and worth about that much, too.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top