Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/15/2004 10:09:25 AM EDT
I just purchased a RRA upper for my RRA carbine and was told that it was a RRA upper. How do I know for sure it is? I didnt see any stampings on it. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You don't know for sure.  Who did you get it from?  Can you trust them?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, pretty reputable RRA dealer that was at the gun show here in NASHVILLE last weekend. I mean I dont have any reason not to trust his word, but you know how that goes. Just wanted to see if there was any tell-tell signs to verify the manuf. I allready own it, soo...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Usually there are very few markings on the upper.  Almost no one stamps or marks the upper receiver itself but the barrel may have some marking forward of the front site.  However, I don't know whose marks are whose on the barrel.

You could probably email RRA as to markings on the barrel, but if they are busy, it may take time for a response.  They also use Wilson barrels and I don't know if other manufacturers who use wilson barrels get the same markings.  I would guess they are the same.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Forgot, you may be able to tell something by looking at the boltcarrier.  RRA has a slightly beefier bolt carrier than most others.  If you search you can probably find some pics.  Maybe on the Eq EX.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I just chacked my email and RRA responded that the configuration of the upper I bought sounds like one of theres that a dealer "SPECIAL ORDERS" but they wanted a pic to see if it is theres. Unless I am blind I didnt see this type of configuration on their website (ie, flat top,fluted 24" barrel)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top