Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2005 1:10:47 PM EDT
I'm looking for opinions on the new RRA UTE2 uppers. They have the A2 iron sights on them, but standard A3 hight rail if front of it. I was looking to go this route since my rifle will primarily be an iron sight rifle and I like the idea of the sights being premenantly on the rifle, but would like the option of adding an EOtech or other red dot sometime in the future.

I got my whole lower built up, just need the upper and was thinking of going this route over a normal flat top. What do you guys think.

My rifle would be looking just like the RRA Elite CAR Ute2 when done:
http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/nbrelute2.gif

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice Bigbore...I'm sure you'll be glad to know I will be contacting ADCO for my upper when I am ready to buy since I want something a little custom. I basically want a RRA Elite CAR Ute2 upper with a gov profile chrome lined barrel.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Newbie here.

How does the sight picture appear with an EOTech mounted on the UTE2?  I'm thinking about getting one myself.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Newbie here.

How does the sight picture appear with an EOTech mounted on the UTE2?  I'm thinking about getting one myself.

Should be what the optic-enthusiasts refer to as complete Co-witness.

If you look through the irons, the reticle should be right there as well.

WIZZO

EDIT: And Welcome to the site
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Complete waste of your money.

1.  Why would want a proprietary upper that doesn't have a full rail and let you have your choice of BUIS?

2.  No ablitiy to mount a NVD

3.  You will have a hard time selling it if you chose to get rid of it.

4.  Why limit yourself when you can get a spec upper and your choice of BUIS for the same money?

I can't believe RRA still makes those things.  Those are like those bubba "conversions" people did back in the 70s/80s by cutting off the front of the carry handle to mount an optic.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

1.  Why would want a proprietary upper that doesn't have a full rail and let you have your choice of BUIS?

4.  Why limit yourself when you can get a spec upper and your choice of BUIS for the same money?

I can't believe RRA still makes those things.  Those are like those bubba "conversions" people did back in the 70s/80s by cutting off the front of the carry handle to mount an optic.hr

Despite what he says I should be getting this in tomorrow.Click me!!
You will find more info on why it is designed that way.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't believe RRA still makes those things.  Those are like those bubba "conversions" people did back in the 70s/80s by cutting off the front of the carry handle to mount an optic.

Despite what he says I should be getting this in tomorrow.Click me!!
You will find more info on why it is designed that way.

Despite what you say, when this thread is over, there are going to many more people against the UTE than for it.  And my statements will be justified.

The "U" in UTE stands for Universal.

How can something be Universal and not be the standard spec and mount any optic?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#10]
To each is own.
I like it you don't I was simply giving the man options
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I pick mine up next Tuesday...h.gif

If I may...ETA:

Quoted:

1.  Why would want a proprietary upper that doesn't have a full rail and let you have your choice of BUIS? This rifle does not have a BUIS - the iron sights are the primary sighting system. The rail gives the user additional sighting options not available with a standard carry handle.

2.  No ablitiy to mount a NightVisionDevice  So What?

3.  You will have a hard time selling it if you chose to get rid of it. I purchased mine to shoot...

4.  Why limit yourself when you can get a spec upper and your choice of BUIS for the same money?It's not limiting at all...again, the rock solid rear sight is not a BUIS

I can't believe RRA still makes those things.  Those are like those bubba "conversions" people did back in the 70s/80s by cutting off the front of the carry handle to mount an optic. ?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top