Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2003 7:50:10 AM EDT
I have tried to contact RRA technical support for somewhat of a simple question. Steve is constantly busy. They should really get that guy some help!  I went to their website looking for a feedback url or email and havent located one. Anybody have an email address to RRA? They need to post that on their website too... Come on  RRA get in the 21st century...
Dont just post ads on your web site.

MTC(SS)
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Ever thought of just posting the question here?
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:26:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Posted the question maybe in the wrong forum. SO here goes:
I have an RRA Varmint flat top A4. The front sling swivel came off at the range. All parts were retrieved. The problem is I cant get the gas block off to remove the one piece hand guard.  I have completely removed the 2 set screws on the gas block. I think that is all there is. I dont see any additional screws or drift pins?  I've pounding the gas block with a rubber mallet but it wont budge. I am afraid to use a bigger hammer fearing permanent damage.  If and when I get the gas block off I feel a strap wrench will loosen the 1 piece hand guard.

MTC(SS)
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Use a heat gun on the gas block.  

When the block is placed/aligned, the allen screws are loctited into place, which allows some of the loctite to seep between the block and barrel, which makes pulling the gas block a real bitch to remove.

Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Dano,

Same recommendation from RRA I havent tried it yet. Also found their email in American Rifleman mag.    [email protected]

MTC(SS)
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I would'nt touch it as  that may void the warranty. I would contact RRA first.That's just me and my 2 bits
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top