Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2008 7:59:48 PM EDT
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the best use of the raised picatiny rail on the RRA Tactical Carry Handle?

Does it put a certain version of scope (like Aimpoint or EOTech) in an ideal co-witnessing position or something?  Would it be a lower third co-witness?  or a center co-witness?

What co-witness would you end up with if you mount an Aimpoint directly on the flat-top receiver?  (with a BUIS)

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one on my first AR.  I was told that it worked well with an aimpoint, but IME it sucked for anything else.  I got an A1 handle for it and the tac handle sat in my closet until I sold the gun.  I sold it with the tac handle, and kept my A1.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 2:02:48 AM EDT
[#2]
There is no good use for the raised picatiny rail on the RRA Tactical Carry Handle.

Put it on the EE and buy yourself a Troy or LaRue rear BUIS
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 4:06:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I like them for a few reasons;

They co-witness in the lower 3rd of the glass with my ProPoints and, with a short ring, my Aimpoints.

Sights are always there; no need to raise.

Sturdy; you break it, you broke the gun.

Used on thee EE, less expensive than the BUIS setup

It holds extra batteries for my red dots.

I own 6 of them and love them.

Link Posted: 4/20/2008 7:23:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#5]
They look heavy, are they?
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They look heavy, are they?

Probably really close to a regular carry handle in weight.  I'd say the RRA is heavier than a carry handle but not by too much
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top