Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2005 4:04:19 PM EDT
Anyone her have any experience with the RRA NM trigger tuned by White Oak Armament that ADCO sales?  I have a few of the standard RRA NM Triggers and was wondering if and by how much the one Tuned by WOA is.  Any input is appreciated!!!  Thanks,
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I was going to get one, but then I just tried a yellow tavern reduced power spring set.  It makes an already great RRA 2-stage awesome.  I haven't had any issues with light primer strikes, but I still wouldn't use it on a gun that my life depended on.  If you just want it for an accurate range blaster then I'd try the spring kit for a few dollars first.  You can get it from brownells.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two White Oak tuned RRA triggers.  My impression so far is, for the money, they are a vast improvement over the standard factory trigger.  I would order them in the future if I ever need another trigger assembly.  The proof of their advantages will only be known after extended use.  I have had 'tuned' triggers before that, after extended use, began to scare me.  Every mechanical device will wear after prolonged use and one never knows how they will work after they wear.  I cannot speak to the issue of future reliability, but on first use they appear to be a definite improvement.      
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have two White Oak tuned RRA triggers.  My impression so far is, for the money, they are a vast improvement over the standard factory trigger.  I would order them in the future if I ever need another trigger assembly.  The proof of their advantages will only be known after extended use.  I have had 'tuned' triggers before that, after extended use, began to scare me.  Every mechanical device will wear after prolonged use and one never knows how they will work after they wear.  I cannot speak to the issue of future reliability, but on first use they appear to be a definite improvement.      

Rock River two stage triggers have seen plenty of extended use and they do not fail.  Mine is nearing the 3500 round mark problem free.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#5]
i have had both and the woa is smooth, crisp and worth the money over the std rra. trigger
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i have had both and the woa is smooth, crisp and worth the money over the std rra. trigger

+1
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all of the input on this issue!  I think I will give the WOA RRA 2-stage trigger a try.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy it.  You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I had my RRA Varmint trigger tuned by WOA this spring for varmint shoots. For $35 it's kick ass. I'd get one again if i had an AR in need of a trigger.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 2:49:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Is it DCM legal?
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 3:34:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 3:45:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Not to hijack this thread but can anybody comment on how the WOA trigger compares to the LMT version? Is there any differences in the design and what, if anything, makes the LMT worth more?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 4:48:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Not to hijack this thread but can anybody comment on how the WOA trigger compares to the LMT version? Is there any differences in the design and what, if anything, makes the LMT worth more?

Thanks

While I don't know what, if any, design or manufacturing differences there are between the two, I would suspect LMT's higher price is a factor of lower production numbers (supply) and their name (demand).  After getting my RRA two stage tuned by White Oak, I see no need to spend more on anything else.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it DCM legal?

yes, 4.5lbs.

Sweet!

If I'm not mistaken, I saw you guys have them on your site. Depending on wether I get a new match rifle or not (Armalite's offering a hell of a deal at Perry),  I may be in after one.

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it DCM legal?

yes, 4.5lbs.

Sweet!

If I'm not mistaken, I saw you guys have them on your site. Depending on wether I get a new match rifle or not (Armalite's offering a hell of a deal at Perry),  I may be in after one.

adco is where i got mine
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2 an excellent trigger for the money
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it DCM legal?

yes, 4.5lbs.

Sweet!

adco is where i got mine

The trigger or the rifle?
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I have one on my lower -from ADCO -I have to say it,s the BEST trigger I have ever had

SMOOTH & CRISP  
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#19]
OK, I have placed a backorder with ADCO for the WOA RRA 2-stage trigger.  I'll report back when
I get it.  It could be a while I hope they get back in stock soon!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#20]
OK,  I received an E-mail from the USPS today that ADCO has shipped my RRA/WOA 2-stage NM Trigger!  I expect to have it by Wednesday of next week!  I'll be at the range on Saturday August 6th and will get to test it out!  I'll report back here afterwards!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Check Adco's site right now, they are in "buy now" status not "back order" !

So in fine fashion, I bought now!!
can't wait!

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#22]
OK, I got the WOA RRA 2-Stage Trigger today.  Of course I had to open it and install it immediately.  I won’t have an opportunity to shoot with it until Saturday, but dry firing it I tend to think it is way to light of a trigger.  It is a very light trigger pull, but the second stage is very crisp.  I have the regular RRA NM trigger on my competition rifle and I seem to like it.  The WOA trigger is much lighter to me.  I will report back on Saturday and let you know what I think actually shooting with it.  It may just take some getting used to.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Once you get use to it you will love it.  I have 4 RR two stage NM triggers.  Two I bought from Brownells and then had tuned by WOA to 3.5 pound pulls and two I bought directly from WOA tuned to 3.5 pound pulls.  I swear you would think there would be some difference between the 4 triggers but they all feel absolutely the same and all break at exactly 3.5 pounds, just as requested.  If you rush the pull on the 3.5 pound trigger you will pull right through the second stage and it will make you think you have a defect because it will feel like a long single stage, but when you take your time the stop for the second stage is there and then all it takes is a thought to fire the weapon.  They are much better than the NM trigger on my Armalite A4(T) and it "ain't" bad.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
OK, I got the WOA RRA 2-Stage Trigger today.  Of course I had to open it and install it immediately.  I won’t have an opportunity to shoot with it until Saturday, but dry firing it I tend to think it is way to light of a trigger.  It is a very light trigger pull, but the second stage is very crisp.  I have the regular RRA NM trigger on my competition rifle and I seem to like it.  The WOA trigger is much lighter to me.  I will report back on Saturday and let you know what I think actually shooting with it.  It may just take some getting used to.

Good triggers ALWAYS feel lighter than what they are.  Remember too that the total weight (1st + 2nd stage) are what matters.

If you think that is light, you should try the Jewell in my Model 70 match rifle, and it ain't as light as it can go.  Yet it will take all the rapid fire bolt manipulation you can throw at it w/o accidentally releasing the sear.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top