Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2002 9:55:50 AM EDT
I'm considering purchasing a chrome lined RRA M4 style upper.  I'm looking for 100% reliability primarily.  Does anyone have experience with chrome lined RRA uppers?  I'm not concerned with MOA accuracy here, this is for my social rifle.  If not RRA who makes the most reliable eat anything AR15 uppers?  THX!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have bought a couple of the RRA M4 barrels with the pressed on flash suppressor so that it looks like the military 14.5 inch barrel but is 16 inches.  They are really very accurate and very reliable.  I built an upper for my nephew who is in special ops in the 82nd Airborne, and he loved it.

Charles Tatum
Alamo Professional Arms
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got one from Pete in NH and it has worked fine with MOA accuracy and feeding or function problems.  Fit and Finish is the best I have seen.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered an A2/M4 chrome-lined barreled upper from Donnie @ Sable Co today, and am looking forward to getting it! Had to go pre-ban, as he says RRA is out of post-ban barrels for a few weeks yet. That's OK, I have a Wilson A2 comp ready to permanently install. :-)

Ran me a good $100 less than the Bushmaster equivalent, which I'd be waiting 10 weeks for...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top