Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2003 9:01:16 AM EDT
I am looking for a chrome lined 14.5 " barrel that has the M203 step in front of the FSA but is still heavy under the handguards. I was told RRA M4 barrels are like this. Does anyone have one that can tell me for sure?

Thanks,
ASO
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Talk to Pete in NH  (LEGAL TRANSFERS) Pete is a stocking RRA dealer and you will find his ads on the AR15 parts for sale boards. He also has great service.

He will know better than anyone else.

My thought is that they used to be heavy under the handguards but now are gov't contour (at any rate you will want to ask about the one you are buying as that is what really matters and only the seller can tell you that.)

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#2]
You may want to purchase the standard 14.5" barrel (yes it's and HBAR) from Bushmaster then send it to Kurt to have the M203 step down turned into it.  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#3]
  From my conversation with RRA about this very topic I was advised that the POST ban is the previous M-4 weight which is slightly lighter than the newer weight barrel.  If you order the Pre ban M-4 the barrel weight is going to be a little heavier.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:22:41 AM EDT
[#4]
If you dont mind my asking why in the world would you want a HB and M203 cut?  The HB makes it heavy and the M203 cut makes it weaker.  You cant even mount an M203 on it because of the HB.  I have considered having the light profile under the handgurads and not having the M203 cut for added strength and weight reduction but I cant figure out what you are trying to accomplish with that setup.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:18:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a preban RR M4 type barrel and yes, it's considerably heavier under the handguard.  Comes in 16" only, and you'll have to put a permanent type muzzle devise on it, but it does handle the heat during rapid fire[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top