Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 7:26:43 PM EDT
Is the new logo worth more than the old logo? I have a stripped lower to sell and not sure what to price it at?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is the new logo worth more than the old logo? I have a stripped lower to sell and not sure what to price it at?

I'll take it off your hands for ya for 50 whole dollars.  

Just kidding. I have no clue if there is a difference in value between old and new but I see the new ones for around $109 usually.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I seriously doubt it.

Me too...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is the new logo worth more than the old logo?

I too would doubt it.

But I think that if one would be worth more, it would be the old logo ones.
They don't make them like that anymore, and total production #'s of the old style will be less than the new style.

I personally wouldn't pay more for one over the other.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#5]
The only thing that changed is the logo.  It's all about looks.  Some like the old logo better.  If it's never been used, I would sell it for the same price the newer ones are going for, if it's used, take a little off.  Always remember, when your selling something, your doing the buyer a favor by selling it to them.  You aren't losing any money keeping it as long as it takes to sell it for what you want out of it.  Just be resonable and fair, and it will sell quickly.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Some people like the older RRA logos. They'll buy them because they like the simple text look.

Personally, I like the new logo better. I'm a pretty KISS-minded guy, but the old logo is pretty dull, to me anyway.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#7]
At this past gunshow last weekend, I ran into a dealer that had a RRA lower that split at the rear takedown pin. She had it on display and I clearly saw where the split occured but I couldn't tell if it was because it was a defective part or if it was due to some other error. She did say that RRA wouldn't warranty it until they got word about her displaying it at gunshows and that they were offering her something like $1100.00 to get it back.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
At this past gunshow last weekend, I ran into a dealer that had a RRA lower that split at the rear takedown pin. She had it on display and I clearly saw where the split occured but I couldn't tell if it was because it was a defective part or if it was due to some other error. She did say that RRA wouldn't warranty it until they got word about her displaying it at gunshows and that they were offering her something like $1100.00 to get it back.

Was she trying to sell it?  Lots of gullible folks at fun shows.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]
No, she actually beat the hell out of it because she said she was "frustrated" at RRA customer service. I mean it was a twisted mangled mess.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Jimtash,
That's news to RRA...both about the split lower and that they were offering her anything for one.  I just brought this to the attention of their owners, general manager, sales manager, technical crew, and production controller and nobody has heard word one about it.  Since it carries a warranty against factory defects, all she would have to do is send it in...unless damage was caused by end user, in which they might still cover it, but would have to inspect it first.
And back to the topic of this thread, I don't think one lower (logo or not) has any greater value than the other.  The value of any item is limitted only by what someone wil pay for it...more or less than it should sell for.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Jimtash,
That's news to RRA...both about the split lower and that they were offering her anything for one.  I just brought this to the attention of their owners, general manager, sales manager, technical crew, and production controller and nobody has heard word one about it.  Since it carries a warranty against factory defects, all she would have to do is send it in...unless damage was caused by end user, in which they might still cover it, but would have to inspect it first.
And back to the topic of this thread, I don't think one lower (logo or not) has any greater value than the other.  The value of any item is limitted only by what someone wil pay for it...more or less than it should sell for.
Sluggo

I look at it this way; she was a dealer at a gunshow, need I say more? And that's not saying all dealers are bad, but many of them are full of it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I talked with a dealer here in my town about ordering a RRA lower receiver.  Well, long story short, he began to trash RRA by telling me they are some of the worse ARs you can get and so on.  I already had one of their M4geries, so I new he was full of crap to begin with.  Well, when I asked him what they ordered and usually stocked it was OLYs!!!!!!!  I just shook my head walked out and went down the road and ordered one from another dealer.  It has been awsome just like my other lower.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top