Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/22/2013 9:41:38 AM EDT
Got a pre-loved RRA ET and just had a chance today to do a clean. I didn't notice this, but the BCG is by Spikes and possibly the flat top upper as it is marked Spikes too. Nothing else on the upper has any Spikes marking.
Me thinks this is a build rather than a factory AR. What is you opinon good or bad??

Peace,

Jay

http://www.classicoptics.com/RRA-ETGS.jpg
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Spikes isn't a step down from RRA. I'd do a detailed inspection to make sure the build is good though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I am not a total novice but what are the things I should look for on the rifle?

Thank you,

Jay
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Just search it out and you'll get the usual check list: Staked bolt carrier, rifleing twist of barrell, staked castle nut. etc.. If in doubt, find a gunsmith who is AR savy and have him/her check it out. They can usually go in and scope the barell and such to see how used it may be.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top