Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 5:56:40 PM EDT
The handguards on my standard A2 RRA rifle seem pretty flimsy.  This is my first 20" and all I've got to compare 'em to is my 6920 w/ M4 handguards.  Will they melt?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an RRA A2 CAR with regular CAR handguards. It's my only AR, but I wouldn't call them flimsy. I highly doubt RRA would put handguards on their rifles that would melt.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't like the fit of my RRA 20" HGs either, but they've held up well to some bump firing.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one.  This rifle hasn't made it to the boonies yet, but I was kinda worried about breaking 'em .  I have dropped rifles while climbing some of the hills around here; hasn't bothered my 6920 any, but I'm a little concerned with these handguards.  Anybody make some a little sturdier?  Without rails or doodads?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#4]
i love my r-4 handguards they feel like bricks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't like the fit of my RRA 20" HGs either, but they've held up well to some bump firing.

WIZZO

Wizzo,

What is  this "bump-firing" you speak of?  Will these handgaurds stand up to *100 texas heat and 300 rounds fired over the course of an hour?

Thanks,
Brett
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Wizzo,

What is  this "bump-firing" you speak of?  Will these handgaurds stand up to *100 texas heat and 300 rounds fired over the course of an hour?

Thanks,
Brett

It's a way of holding the rifle and pulling it forward into your finger to simulate full-auto firing.

Without a doubt.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top