Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2006 1:07:56 PM EDT

Sometime in the last two years I ordered a set of front handguards from RRA for a build I never seem to get around too finishing, and just ordered a RRA buttstock from EagleArms since I was already ordering some other items from them. They don't appear to match at all. Is this normal, have colors changed, or did I get the wrong part?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Try rubbing the stock with a little CLP. Think of it as lotion for a dry butt-stock.

HS1
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm curious now, I just ordered a RRA hogue green pistol grip and green 6 position collapsible stock. I hope they match!  Maybe it's just the A2 stock
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Is there any spray-on paint or coating a clumsy butterfinger like me could do without making it worse? Note: If it gets more complicated than a spray can I probably can't do it
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is there any spray-on paint or coating a clumsy butterfinger like me could do without making it worse? Note: If it gets more complicated than a spray can I probably can't do it

krylon

OD krylon made my A2 stock match my green handguards
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sometime in the last two years I ordered a set of front handguards from RRA for a build I never seem to get around too finishing, and just ordered a RRA buttstock from EagleArms since I was already ordering some other items from them. They don't appear to match at all. Is this normal, have colors changed, or did I get the wrong part?

i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/robert2011/RRAGreen.jpg

That looks more like a regular grey A2 stock...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]
The "camo" paint that Wal-Mart sells matches the O.D. on my rifle very well. I don't have a can of it or I would tell you the brand.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#9]

How well does the regular paint hold up?

Would Gun-Kote or Brownells Moly-Teflon spray hold up even though I wouldn't be putting the stock in the oven to cure at 300 degrees?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/robert2011/RRAGreen.jpg

That looks more like a regular grey A2 stock...

+1
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Just leave it like it is, it'll get better over time.  It's the same way that the black stocks look gray when they're new.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#14]

I hit the safe for some comparisons today.

First I compared with a FAL with a Penguin stock. It was a lighter green than the OD Green it was advertised as, but over time I grew to like the lighter color. It is however uniform in color in all parts so there is no mismatch. It is also darker than the RRA stock.

Next I compared with an AR that has an retractable RRA stock. Nothing quite matches anything else.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Krylon Fusion in the new MILITARY COLORS!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top