Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2006 9:32:00 PM EDT
Well I'm finally back to where I can buy a AR-15.  I want something with a 16" barrel and midlength handguard/gas tube.  I would also prefer a flat-top upper.  I was thinking the RRA Elite CAR A4 would fit the bill fairly well.  I was also considering a Bushmaster rifle.  With Bushmaster it doesnt look like mid-length is an option.  Does RRA make a quality rifle?  How is their customer service.  Anyone in the Loveland CO area know if Jensens has one in stock?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:01:12 AM EDT
[#1]
My .02 cents worth.  Go with the RRA Elite and dont look back.  I cannot begin to explain how happy I am with mine.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:01:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My .02 cents worth.  Go with the RRA Elite and dont look back.  

+1
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:29:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought my first RRA Car A4, and I will probably never buy anything other than a RRA again.  I love it.  The trigger is great, the fit is tight.  Best AR Ihave owned.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:32:43 AM EDT
[#4]
May buy one of the RRA Elite Car A4 my self --I also been looking at the CMMG rifles

( need more money )  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:41:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Spend some time searching the forums and you will find that RRA is fast becoming one of the most popular brands. I honestly can't remember when I heard a complaint about RRA, which is more than I can say for Bushmaster. Bushies are fine rifle usually, but they do have more quality control issues than RRA. An RRA almost feels "custom" to me, fit and finsh is top notch. Just as reliable and tough as the other brands as well (including COLT IMHO) Buy it and don't loook back.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:04:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I recently bought RRA's Elite CAR A4, my first AR, and I could not be happier.  Very solid, no play between the upper and lower, and the best trigger I have ever come across, period.  

Added an Eotech to the flat top and a Harris bipod for the range.  Also, bought a Ceiner .22 conversion kit and now I can shoot all day if I want -- without breaking the bank.  I highly recommend the kit for indoor range fun.  

Before buying the RRA, I never considered a Colt, due to the cost and went back and forth between a RRA and a Bushmaster.  My best friend bought an Entry Tactical (M4 clone) and was very happy with it, and everyone else I spoke with had nothing but praise for RRA, so an Elite CAR A4 was a no-brainer for a guy looking for a solid mid-length.  Also, the deal I got from Eagle Firearms could not be beat.  Hope my two cents helps.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Both are fine rifles and you'll be happy with either.  If you want the mid-length barrel then by all means get the RRA.  If you want a chrome lined barrel then Bushmaster gives you more options (but still no middy).
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm pretty new to ARs as well and I decided to go with the RRA Entry Tactical. Like other people said, it's already got a bunch of "custom" features on it- the Hogue grip, the two stage trigger, the carry handle, and unlike the bushies, the M4 handguards. I haven't had any issues with it yet so I can't tell you about their customer service, but I am very satisfied with the gun.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:17:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Spend some time searching the forums and you will find that RRA is fast becoming one of the most popular brands. I honestly can't remember when I heard a complaint about RRA, which is more than I can say for Bushmaster. Bushies are fine rifle usually, but they do have more quality control issues than RRA. An RRA almost feels "custom" to me, fit and finsh is top notch. Just as reliable and tough as the other brands as well (including COLT IMHO) Buy it and don't loook back.

As an owner of both I agree with you,you put that very well.
And RRA offers the midlength rifle.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#10]
RRA foevah!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#11]
For clarification, my RRA CAR A4 came with a chrome lined barrel.  Just make sure to ask your seller for the chrome lined barrel.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#12]
rra is good stuff.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:31:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Go with the RRA!  I have the Elite CAR A4.  Here is mine...

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all the replies.  My local dealer has a CAR A4 Elite in stock so I think I will go that route.  Now to decide on a rail forearm.  I think I may go with Larue.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top