Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2005 3:49:03 PM EDT
the appature assy of my Dominator mount has *a lot* of lateral play to it and it doesn't match up flush to the rest of the mount.

A2 sights on the service rifles i've had have always felt more solid than that.

i bought it third party.  do i call RRA about this or what?
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about the problem your having, The dominator I received was a solid piece of gear.  Actually the rear sight assy. felt more solid than alot of carry handle sights I've seen and used. If your unhappy with it contact Rock River I'm sure they'll get you squared away.

good luck
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Lima Charlie.

Callin` them 2morrow, thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 8:43:15 AM EDT
[#4]
i sent in my Dominator.  called in Rock River and they said they did a redesign on the mount and wouldnt have any in for 30 days.
i'm not sure if the redesign has been mentioned here before at all, but thought if it hadn't, that some of you would like to know.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine does too. but the spring and detent ball seems to maintain a consistant position, though it is not pleasing to the eye.  I changed the sight, and the problem is the ear, wings, whatever you want to call  on the cast/forged base... not being spec'ed the same as USGI.

Does anyone know if RRA will exchange "bad" for good at any point???
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I noticed that I could turn the whole block at the top, but it always goes back to the original position.  I checked out my carry and handle and one from a friends rifle and both of them turn the same way.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I sent mine out to WOA to see if he could tighten it up any.  I need to check in with him again and see what the progress is.  Mine had quite a bit of play in it too....at first it didnt bother me, but as time went on it began to piss me off.  So far I havent heard of RRA being of much help from various people with the same problem.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top