Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/14/2005 4:05:53 PM EDT
Hello,

Yeah, I'm a newb trying to learn all I can here.

I want to know all the differences between the Entry Tactical, Tactical CAR A4, Elite CAR A4, and the TASC Rifle.

My questions about these guys are the following:
1) Are the Tactical CAR A4 & Elite CAR A4 the same except for the placement of the gas tube?

2) Which one of the Tactical CAR A4 & Elite CAR A4 is considered a "mid-length" (gas tube)?

3) Do the Tactical CAR A4 & Elite CAR A4 have heavy barrels? Are these "H-bars"?

4) Is the Entry Tactial just a Tactical CAR A4 with a different barrel? Is it considered an "mid-length" (gas tube)?

5) What is the TASC Rifle!?!? --Is it just a CAR A2?

6) The chrome moly barrels; are they simply made form chrome moly steel or are they steel barrels with chrome moly lining? (I have read some threads on the chrome vs. stainless issue, but I never discovered whether or not the chrome moly is applied after the barrels are cut or not.)

Thanks in advance fellas (and ladies),

AE
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 4:37:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Aerospace_Engineer:
Hello,

Yeah, I'm a newb trying to learn all I can here.

I want to know all the differences between the Entry Tactical, Tactical CAR A4, Elite CAR A4, and the TASC Rifle.

My questions about these guys are the following:
1) Are the Tactical CAR A4 & Elite CAR A4 the same except for the placement of the gas tube?

The Elite Car A4 is the only "mid-length" that you have listed. The length of the handguards / gas system on a M4 or Carbine is 7" (usually on a 16" barrel). The length of the handguards / gas system on a mid-length gas system is 9" (usually on a 16" barrel). The mid-length gas system / hand guards are 2" longer on a mid-length. A mid-length's sight radius is also 2" longer.......I personally prefer the mid-length gas system over the carbine length gas system for the following reasons:

1) the front sight post and gas system are 2" forward of where they are on an M4

2) the mid-length gas system is slightly smoother cycling than the M4 (carbine length gas system)

3) because the front sight post is 2" forward on the mid-length it gives you a longer sight radius (the longer sight radius will help you be more accurate)

4) because the front sight post is 2" forward on the mid-length is also gives you a longer handguard....not a big issue for small guys like me, but some taller guys like to have the extra room so they can put their hand further out on the handguard

2) Which one of the Tactical CAR A4 & Elite CAR A4 is considered a "mid-length" (gas tube)?

The ELITE CAR A4 is a "MID-LENGTH".....The other 3 guns are all "Carbine or M4 Length" gas systems.

3) Do the Tactical CAR A4 & Elite CAR A4 have heavy barrels? Are these "H-bars"?

Yes................Steve at www.adcofirearms.com can countour the barrel under the handguards to your specs, if you want something other than a HBAR barrel.....I feel that HBAR's are too heavy and Steve has countoured RRA barrels for me, I've always been pleased with his work.....He is also a RRA dealer.

4) Is the Entry Tactial just a Tactical CAR A4 with a different barrel? Is it considered an "mid-length" (gas tube)?

Both guns have a "CARBINE LENGTH GAS SYSTEM (7")"........Pretty much the same gun, just different barrels. The Entry has a "M4" barrel (see the step down (skinny part) between the muzzle and the front sight post?.....this is a M4 barrel).....The Tactical CAR has a HBAR Carbine barrel.

5) What is the TASC Rifle!?!? --Is it just a CAR A2?

Correct, the TASC has a fixed A2 carry handle (also known as an A2 upper receiver) and a fixed A2 stock

6) The chrome moly barrels; are they simply made form chrome moly steel or are they steel barrels with chrome moly lining? (I have read some threads on the chrome vs. stainless issue, but I never discovered whether or not the chrome moly is applied after the barrels are cut or not.)

Most don't come standard with crome lining, but most dealer will upgrade to the crome lined barrels for free.

Thanks in advance fellas (and ladies),

AE

Responses above in red

Welcome aboard

Link Posted: 11/14/2005 5:03:53 PM EDT
WOW! Thanks a bunch USMC03!
Just what I needed to know! --and then some!
Yes, I will certainly be visiting ADCO!

Cheers,
AE
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 5:39:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 5:56:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bigbore:

Let me know if I can help - I have plenty in stock - chrome lined, not chrome lined, SS...

I'm seriously considering stocking SS 1:8 barrels on rifles - with the exposed portion KG koted black. The more I learn, the less benefit I see to chrome lined over SS.

Zak Smith used his Rock River Arms Elite Car A4 with factory STAINLESS barrel in a Sept Tactical Response Tactical Carbine course. If I remember correctly he shot 1,800 rounds through the gun in 2 days.

As I recall he didn't clean the gun.....He took pics....I'll post a link to the review later if I'm able to locate the review.

I don't remember Zak having any issues relating to reliabilty to the gun during the class, and the guns were run pretty hard.

Link Posted: 11/14/2005 6:32:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/14/2005 6:34:38 PM EDT by USMC03]
Zak was kind enough to send me this link......Take a look at the grunge in his RRA:

www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=157711

Link Posted: 11/14/2005 6:51:29 PM EDT
[ link to LARGER image ]

[ link to LARGER image ]

That started life as a stock RRA 16" midlength SS. I put on a LaRue 9.0, had somebody local turn down the barrel profile (tapers to about 0.750 rear of gas block), and have since Dura-Kote'd the SS barrel.

Link Posted: 11/15/2005 6:53:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/15/2005 10:54:52 AM EDT by RRAMODERATOR]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:37:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:32:25 PM EDT
the Elite CAR A4 rifle may just be my next rifle--I just need to decide between the CL or SS barrel
Top Top