Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 5:12:50 PM EDT
I think I remember this being covered a little while back, but I did a 30 day search and couldn't find it.

Is RRA offering stripped lowers marked 9mm?

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Soon!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:07:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Soon!

Is this just a wish or do you know this for sure?

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:37:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Soon!

for sure.......
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Any chance of a .45 lower???
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Soon!

for sure.......

So does anybody have maybe a little more to add to this? I appreciate the responses but a little commentary always helps.  

If anyone knows a general time table I would really appreciate it.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I recall seeing a post that said the end of February is when they should become available. I've been waiting for it myself, but I'm getting tired of waiting and starting to explore other options…
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:08:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I remember reading something about they will be available after the SHOT show. I have been waiting for one too.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:34:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I recall seeing a post that said the end of February is when they should become available. I've been waiting for it myself, but I'm getting tired of waiting and starting to explore other options…

Quoted:
I remember reading something about they will be available after the SHOT show. I have been waiting for one too.

Thanks!!  It's just nice to be able to put a time frame on it in my head. I feel ya Aleko, I am going to go ahead and build up a 9mm carbine on a standard lower for now (partly because I already have it) and then move it over the the 9mm lower when they become available.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Very shortly for 9mm. No plan for a .45ACP.
Steve/RRA

Thanks Steve.....I was hoping you would chime in eventually.

Can I push you to define "very shortly?"  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It'll be a few weeks..they're being anodized now.
Pt# 9MM0114RRA   $155 MSRP.
Steve/RRA

Thanks Steve.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Will they be sold as complete lower halves also?

Quoted:
It'll be a few weeks..they're being anodized now.
Pt# 9MM0114RRA   $155 MSRP.
Steve/RRA

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:41:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#15]
What if the buyer already has all the 9mm conversion parts but just needs the complete lower with stock?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What if the buyer already has all the 9mm conversion parts but just needs the complete lower with stock?

You'll probably just need to buy the stripped lower and then piece it together minus the parts you already have.

I just got my RRA 9mm uppe half in the mail today and for the time being I'm just putting the conversion pieces into a 5.56 cal lower I have. When they start selling the stripped 9mm lowers then I'll just switch it over and then I'll have my 5.56 cal lower available again to start a new build!!  

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd rather get a complete lower because of the warranty. I bought the upper, the buffer, the hammer, the mag block and the converted Uzi mags a few months ago. I've been waiting on a lower for a while. If I could get a complete lower marked 9mm it would be much better than get a .223/5.56 lower.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:37:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Well I would suggest that you keep buying a stripped lower and building it up youself as an option. It is very, very easy to do. As far as the warranty stuff goes I'm not sure what effects it makes. I believe as long as the upper is assembled at the plant then at least that part is covered under warranty. And as far as the lower goes there really isn't too much that could go wrong with it.

YMMV

Either way I hope you have fun with it......and of course post pics when it's done!!

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top