Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 10/5/2003 5:02:31 PM EST
I am thinking of building a new AR using a RRA 9mm upper. It appears that I need to buy the upper and the $150 mag block.

-I guess I use a regular AR lower?
-What kind of mags does it use?
-Am I missing anything?
-Any owners out there please comment
-and lastly pics,pics,pics!
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 5:40:13 PM EST
Here is some info that I got from Pete in NH regarding what one would need for a 9mm AR (aside from the upper of course!). RRA lower with a 9mm hammer, 9mm buffer, and 9mm mag block. *Note that RRA's 2-stage trigger will not work with a lower configured like this* As far as mags go, the RRA 9mm ARs will accept modified UZI mags and I [b]believe[/b] 9mm Colt mags, but I am not sure on the Colts. You would be able to find some on the EE and I think Pete may have some. I do not have one currently but I have been studying the components of one for a while now. Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 7:33:04 AM EST
Standard AR lower. If semi only, you will need to either ramp the 9mm bolt for the semi hammer or use a tailless M16 hammer. If using on an M16 all lower parts are compatable. It is designed for either a modified Uzi mag or a factory colt mag which will hold the bolt open on the last round. The uzi mag wont do this.
Top Top