Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2008 3:53:01 PM EST
Which one, and why? I have both, and the RRA block seems like it requires more fiddling with to get going. On the other hand I have a VM block, and it does'nt run 100% either. Believe it or not some of my German 32 rd mags fit, as I have'nt done any filing to it...........yet.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:44:07 PM EST
I know this doesn't help you any, but should you decide on the VM block I would be interested in purchasing the RRA.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:49:19 PM EST
Hahn Magblock or bust
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:55:40 PM EST
There is a Hahn on EE.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:07:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By 5oulja:
Hahn Magblock or bust

Which Hahn is the best, and why?
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:39:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By CKxx:

Originally Posted By 5oulja:
Hahn Magblock or bust

Which Hahn is the best, and why?

I use the bottom loader on my SBR lower for easy removal when I want to swtich it back to 556.

If you are making a dedicated 9mm then get the top loader which required more work to get it out of the lower.

Both are equal in quality and function.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:40:39 PM EST
I have'nt had the conversion long enough to be frustrated with it yet. For the most part it runs pretty good with both blocks. With the RRA block I had to tweak the ejector just a bit to get it over good and snug in it's slot in the bolt, and it needs to be pushed in as far as it will go into the mag well for the ejector to ride high enough in it's slot.
The VM.....well there is'nt a whole lot to mess with on it, unless I want to file it so it fits every single Uzi mag I have.
Of course I've been running only Remington UMC so far so that might explain some of it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 1:46:27 AM EST
Try shooting some WWB through both blocks, you'll be surprised how much better they'll function. The UMC ammo is most likely the source of your reliability issues.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 3:43:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By solartj:
Try shooting some WWB through both blocks, you'll be surprised how much better they'll function. The UMC ammo is most likely the source of your reliability issues.

I think your probably right, it won't run the Uzi at all.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 4:53:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By CIB:

I think your probably right, it won't run the Uzi at all.

No brainer.... Hy-Tech block and Uzi mags, no cuts to mag tubes needed. As an appearant Uzi owner, is the tactical novelty of holding the bolt open a priority for you on the AR?

Mine is just a fun gun, and i get double duty out of my Uzi mags.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 5:01:27 AM EST
The Last Round BHO, is'nt really that important to me. If you don't mind telling me, do you remember about what size rattail file you used on your VM? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:28:00 AM EST

Originally Posted By CIB:
The Last Round BHO, is'nt really that important to me. If you don't mind telling me, do you remember about what size rattail file you used on your VM? Thanks

It was one of the round fine cut files seen as chain saw file at ACE or True Value I think it was, maybe 1/8 or 3/16 around, not very big. Had to use a course tooth rat tail to break through the hard anodize.
Top Top