Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
4/1/2020 6:58:51 AM
Posted: 1/10/2005 11:09:23 AM EDT
Can someone explain the difference in the trigger pull of the std. RRA 2 stage and the tuned RRA?

Thanks,

Steve
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:59:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2005 11:55:35 AM EDT by GcS]
The tuned trigger has a more predictable second stage with no discernable creep and a crisp break.  The standard triggers often seem to have a soft, even spongy feeling second stage.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:15:34 PM EDT
I have both and will only be buying the tuned triggers from now on.  It's much smoother and the break is very clean.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:13:11 PM EDT
Go tuned or go home!  ;)  Hey there!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:31:29 PM EDT
Just tune it yourself, Does the RRA not come with instructions for stoning out the creep ??
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:57:29 PM EDT
i have both and love the tuned one.  it breaks way cleaner than the non and is really smooth.

i would bother tuning it myself since i couldnt predict the outcome and the woa isnt that much more and it is proven to be good
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:10:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By utahcybercowboy:
Can someone explain the difference in the trigger pull of the std. RRA 2 stage and the tuned RRA?

Thanks,

Steve

2-Stage Trigger.  1st stage, take up play on trigger....Stop....2nd Stage: squeeze any harder from that point, the trigger will break...

Single Stage Trigger (Like your stock one) No taking up of play. Squeeze trigger and it will break.

2-stage triggers are good for accuracy shooting. It improves consistancey and timing.

Single stage triggers are good for faster shots from a semi-auto, but usually have to have a heavier pull than a 2 stage for safty reasons (usually)
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:51:19 AM EDT
If you have the money, it's obvious that you should go with the tuned trigger.  That said, I don't think the factory 2 stage trigger is "bad," especially compared to a factory standard trigger.  My factory RRA standard trigger is just smoothing out some, but is heavy and has noticable creep.  My brother-in-law's factory RRA 2 stage trigger is much smoother (after a lot fewer rounds!), has no creep, and breaks at a very light pressure (it REALLY surprised me when it went off the first time I fired it).  I did notice that the 2 stage wasn't "crisp," but it's more trigger than I need (or can afford) right now.

My take is that you won't be sorry with RRA's 2 stage trigger, but if you have the cash, go all the way.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:58:16 AM EDT
Who sells the tuned RRA 2-stage?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:04:39 AM EDT
Check out Jewell. I replaced RRA and Bushmaster 2-stage triggers and it's a big improvement.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:10:04 AM EDT
I have been following comments about them for about a year.  With a new trigger, most think they are pretty good with the WOA tuned trigger being better.

Comments from people that shoot the trigger a lot, mostly match shooters, indicate a problem with SOME of the stock units.  Around 2,000 to 5,000 rounds the first stage goes away and the trigger becomes an extremely light (unsafe?) one stage.  I haven't heard of this problem with the WOA modified triggers.

I can not determine the % of stock triggers that have the problem, but seems to be more than an acceptable number.

I would consider the WOA if I wanted a nice 4 lb. trigger on a target/range rifle.  For the extra $25 I would send it in for the tune up.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:26:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ducati650:
Who sells the tuned RRA 2-stage?

Adcofirearms.com My Ar10 loves that trigger
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:41:38 PM EDT
Duh ! Just do it yourself. The Arm/RRA trigger will have creep untill it is tuned/stoned to the individual receiver it is installed in. The reason why some people drop a RRA in and it has a mile of creep or no 2nd stage is due to the trigger and hammer pin holes not all being drilled the same tolerance wise . holes to close together = lot of creep too far apart = no second stage.

Instructions for the Armalite..

Top Top