Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2004 2:02:50 PM EDT
Just installed the RRA 2 stage trigger kit in a new RRA lower. The pins that came with it seems to be over sized? They would not fit in to the RRA lower, I ended up using a set of pins I had as spare parts.

Anyone else experience this?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#1]
This has been covered before but I can't find the thread.  The RRA pins that come with the 2-stage trigger are indeed oversized to accomodate worn pin holes.  I used the old (Bushy) pins with mine since I didn't want to risk damaging the lower.

20 years from now, if  the holes get too big and become an issue, I'll replace the pins with the RRA pins, if I haven't lost them by then.  Actually by then I'll be able to tell my son to do it.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This has been covered before but I can't find the thread.  The RRA pins that come with the 2-stage trigger are indeed oversized to accomodate worn pin holes.  I used the old (Bushy) pins with mine since I didn't want to risk damaging the lower.

20 years from now, if  the holes get too big and become an issue, I'll replace the pins with the RRA pins, if I haven't lost them by then.  Actually by then I'll be able to tell my son to do it.  

Thank you for your answer. But it saddens me to know now I do not have replacement pins in my spare parts kit...(Time to call Brave Company.)
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just installed the RRA 2 stage trigger kit in a new RRA lower. The pins that came with it seems to be over sized? They would not fit in to the RRA lower, I ended up using a set of pins I had as spare parts.

Anyone else experience this?

I added the RRA to my Bushy also.  The pins are oversized by .001 if I remember correctly.  Also, if I remember correctly, they are that way to provide a more consistent trigger pull. YMMV. I just used a little oil and a plastic mallet to lightly tap them in.
FB
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:52:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top