Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 1:02:50 PM EST
Just installed the RRA 2 stage trigger kit in a new RRA lower. The pins that came with it seems to be over sized? They would not fit in to the RRA lower, I ended up using a set of pins I had as spare parts.

Anyone else experience this?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:34:15 PM EST
This has been covered before but I can't find the thread. The RRA pins that come with the 2-stage trigger are indeed oversized to accomodate worn pin holes. I used the old (Bushy) pins with mine since I didn't want to risk damaging the lower.

20 years from now, if the holes get too big and become an issue, I'll replace the pins with the RRA pins, if I haven't lost them by then. Actually by then I'll be able to tell my son to do it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:45:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By M4-guy:
This has been covered before but I can't find the thread. The RRA pins that come with the 2-stage trigger are indeed oversized to accomodate worn pin holes. I used the old (Bushy) pins with mine since I didn't want to risk damaging the lower.

20 years from now, if the holes get too big and become an issue, I'll replace the pins with the RRA pins, if I haven't lost them by then. Actually by then I'll be able to tell my son to do it.

Thank you for your answer. But it saddens me to know now I do not have replacement pins in my spare parts kit...(Time to call Brave Company.)
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:49:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By Timanator:
Just installed the RRA 2 stage trigger kit in a new RRA lower. The pins that came with it seems to be over sized? They would not fit in to the RRA lower, I ended up using a set of pins I had as spare parts.

Anyone else experience this?

I added the RRA to my Bushy also. The pins are oversized by .001 if I remember correctly. Also, if I remember correctly, they are that way to provide a more consistent trigger pull. YMMV. I just used a little oil and a plastic mallet to lightly tap them in.
FB
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:52:25 AM EST
Top Top