BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 6:33:05 PM EDT
Has anyone gotten one of these:
Is What pete says true?
Is this one of the best choices for a post 09/13 build?
Is Pete aka Legal Transfers reliable?

No other dealer or Dist will have them.

"BETTER Fit and Finish than COLT OR BUSHMASTER
NO PURPLE FINISH that BUSHMASTER has become
Known For. Better Lower Parts Quality
Just Plain BETTER . A Red Hot Company Putting
out a better Product."  IS THIS A TRUE STATEMENT?

Pete in NH FFL/Dealer
Legal Transfers 603-770-2281
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Pete is a stand up guy and his lowers,I have one are great.Finish is compareable to my Bushy and he is reliable and stands behinds what he sells and builds.He dosent like working on stuff made or assembled by others even other factories but he has done barrel changes for me with bushmaster barrels I bought from him and he is an authorized RRA dealer and will get what you want for barrells like Bushmaster.He just dosent piece out assemblies like if you want just a carrier you have to buy the whole assembly wich is fine with me cause I like having plenty of spare parts.Do buisness with him in confidence he wont steer you wrong.you could also try eaglefirearms.net they have done 2 complete uppers for me to my specs with Bushy barrels one was a 16" HBAR flat top and an A2 the same way with RRA carriers.$442 for the flat top and $506 shipped for the A2 in my opinion better than Bushmaster my only gripe with RRA is the insides are anodized or teflon instead of the Bushmaster dry film baked on lube the looks grey on the inside wich is the spec.In any event my uppers run great.As far as better product I like RRA lower parts and carriers the best.My rifles have the best of parts .Bushy barrels and lowers,RRA lower parts and telestocks and RRA carriers and colt bolts.I used this combo to rebuild my Bushy pre bans.Uppers are a mixBushy and RRA.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
If I buy from him I intend on getting a complete rra rifle around the lower.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 Good Guy. Great communication. Prompt delivery ... Built my m4 upper with sir system. A+++

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it true tthat these recievers are :

No other dealer or Dist will have them.

BETTER Fit and Finish than COLT OR BUSHMASTER
NO PURPLE FINISH that BUSHMASTER has become
Known For. Better Lower Parts Quality
Just Plain BETTER . A Red Hot Company Putting
out a better Product.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#5]
TRUE he has the only RRA US PROPERTY marked lowers and I have an older logo and new logo one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#6]
are they really"BETTER Fit and Finish than COLT OR BUSHMASTER" ?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Two votes for Pete by one person....both mine are RRA "US Prop" marked by pete....I saw some others on a website one time (cant remember which one) and they had to be reselling his (with or without auth. from him) due to the price being much higher....

I purchased my first due to it "being unique" ...I purchased the second due to his service and knowledge...

highly recommended.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Josie,

I have 2 of them, and am very pleased with them.  I will also brag on Pete.  He has taken good care of me through half dozen or so transactions.  I will do business with him again.

I have never seen the lowers marketed by anyone else.   Fit and finish is excellent.  A bit tight the first few times you mate them to a lower, but I like it that way.

Doc
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
are they really"BETTER Fit and Finish than COLT OR BUSHMASTER" ?

I'd say at least as good as Bushmaster or Colt. How's that? Any of those three are as good as they generally get. I have some of each (including a Govt Property marked lower), never had problems with any of them.

+1 on Pete being a good guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#10]
A lot of dealers sell RRA lowers.

Pete is the only one who sells them marked "U.S. Property".  

As far as I know, there is no difference besides that stamping.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#11]
The ONLY special about Pete's RRA lowers are they say "US PROPERTY" which only his will say that.

Thats exactly the reason I dont buy from him.  I DONT want mine to say that.  Mine arent "US PROPERTY" they are MY PROPERTY!!!  

A rock river lower from Pete will be the same quality and finish of a RRA lower from any other dealer... so unless the special inscription is appealing to you, buy from someone you like, or who has the best deals.

On the finish, I would have to say, that the RRA lowers I own have a better machined finish than my Bushy's or Colts.... and the final anodizing looks better and is more consistent on RRA.

Take all that into account, and I will still prefer a Bushmaster lower over any other.  Just partial to the snake I guess.... and I like to give Bushy my business whenever I can.  When it comes to barrels, almost all of mine are Bushmaster.

I know Bushmaster uses a hard coat anodizing on their lower receivers.... does anyone know if RRA uses the same process?  I think this might have been one thing that set them apart.

In any case, you should not be dissapointed with pretty much any lower out there on the market today, except for Hesse.  (but I think they finally bit the dust until the next bankruptcy)  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#12]
finish is like colt or bushy or better, fit is definitely tighter than any bushy or colt I have ever handled,  I have a US property one and i'm really happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't care what my rifle looks like, as long as it works. Anodizing is anodizing, as long as it's "deep" enough, it'll git er done!

The RRA lowers are top notch, performance wise.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Two votes for Pete by one person....both mine are RRA "US Prop" marked by pete....I saw some others on a website one time (cant remember which one) and they had to be reselling his (with or without auth. from him) due to the price being much higher....

I purchased my first due to it "being unique" ...I purchased the second due to his service and knowledge...

home.triad.rr.com/gidds/obj23geo23pg1p2.png

home.triad.rr.com/gidds/obj39geo39pg1p2.png

highly recommended.....

thse are awesome and quite futurist-Great Job
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:25:45 AM EDT
[#15]
When it comes to AR's...I only buy from him...nothing but talent and good service
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Plaistow is about an hour from me.
I wonder if I can drop by and pickup my order, by appointment?
I'd like to cut out the FFL fee, which is $35-$40, plus shipping.
I'll need to contact Pete.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top