Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2003 1:18:20 AM EDT
I JUST BOUGHT A RRA LOWER, MARKED U.S. PROPERTY. I WANT TO BUILD A 20" POST BAN SERVICE RIFLE. AS CLOSE TO A M16 AS POSSIBLE. MY QUESTION IS I'VE SEEN THE MOCK FLASH HIDER THAT RRA PUTS ON THEIR M4 TACTICAL ENTRY MODEL. I WANT THAT FEATURE ON A 20" RRA BARREL. I KNOW THAT FULTON ARMORY OFFERS THIS SAME FEATURE. I WANT ALL RRA PARTS THOUGH. I HAVEN'T CALLED  THEM TO SEE IF THEY OFFER THIS SERVICE. I CAN GET A WILSON COMBAT BRAKE INSTALLED FROM RRA FOR $35.00. I HAVE THIS BRAKE ON MY M4A3 XM15 AND IT LOOKS GREAT BUT IF YOU EVER HAD TO SHOOT IT IN A REAL LIFE SITUATION YOU WOULD NOT BE WEARING EAR PLUGS AND AFTER 2 ROUNDS YOU WOULD BE LAYING ON THE FLOOR CRYING, HOLDING ON TO YOUR EARS. HOPING THAT SOMEONE WOULD PUT YOU OUT OF YOUR MISERY.....IF YOU GUYS KNOW IF THEY OFFER THIS SERVICE AND HOW MUCH WILL IT RUN. ONE MORE THING. I HAVE NOT BOUGHT MY UPPER ASSEMBLY YET. WHO SELLS RRA UPPERS THE CHEAPEST. THANKS BILLYXM15
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:00:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Contact Steve @ [url=www.adcofirearms.com]ADCO[/url] He can get you set up with what you want.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I understand if you don't like the extra noise/pressure associated with muzzle brakes, but why put non functional, dead weight on the end of your weapon? Just for looks?
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:35:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I understand if you don't like the extra noise/pressure associated with muzzle brakes, but why put non functional, dead weight on the end of your weapon? Just for looks?
View Quote

Havoc,

I built my first AR this year, a RRA upper and lower, and opted for the M4-style 16" flatop with the faux flash hider. Ya the fake hider is much more asthetically pleasing to me versus a plain barrel end, but it also functions a great muzzle protector, sticking about 1/8" past the end of the crown of the barrel.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:05:37 AM EDT
[#4]
BWhalen:

I understand, really. This is the same way the KAC civvy guns are configured... I always asked why we opted for this when I was there; I never understood why you would "toy" up a real weapon (that's what RAS's, grips, lights, etc are for!!!). I tore mine off and replaced it with a functional 'brake.

I'll agree that it works to protect the muzzle, but so does a proper crown. Don't mean to offend, BTW.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:13:59 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK[/b]

It's the Net equivalent of screaming.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:15:26 AM EDT
[#6]
If Adco doesn't do it, KKF has a fake brake he can install.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:38:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Yup Steve at Adco can hook you up nicely. I've got one on my RRA M4. Looks cool and protects the crown. However for my third M4 I'm planning on getting the RRA birdcage muzzle brake which will actually serve a purpose.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:39:56 AM EDT
[#8]
What is wrong with making a AR15 look good?
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:16:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[b]TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK[/b]

It's the Net equivalent of screaming.
View Quote

But what if he has a hearing impairment??
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top