Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2018 11:44:09 PM EDT
I’ve got a brand new RM06 Type 1 on a scalarworks sync mount in a new Benelli M2. New Battery.

I have probably maybe 250+ various shells through it in a pair of range sessions; 75 target birdshot loads, 125+ high brass buckshot, and 50+ slugs. So far all reliable on the shotgun cycling. Problem is, towards the end of the 2nd range session I noticed the RMR occasionally going to a dimmer setting or shutting off altogether. It’s maybe happened 4-5 times just there towards the end.

Now recoil through this little 6.5# 14” shotgun is STOUT with some of those slugs and buckshot loads. Although it’s happened with some Walmart birdshot, federal buckshot and federal slugs. There doesn’t seem to be a pattern other than it’s all happened in the last 50-100 rounds or so.

Is the SBS too much recoil for an RMR? I know some pistol slides give trouble to Type 1 RMR. I hope not, because the sync mount + RMR is f’in awesome.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:54:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I put a piece of tape under my battery and it solved my issues.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put a piece of tape under my battery and it solved my issues.
View Quote
That's sort of the direction I was leaning... just a little single-layer square of electrical tape stuck to the bottom of the battery.
Maybe tweek the battery contact points a little, too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#5]
You're on the right track.  On mine, instead of tape, put a pea size glob of dielectric grease on the side of the battery that contacts the firearm.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You're on the right track.  On mine, instead of tape, put a pea size glob of dielectric grease on the side of the battery that contacts the firearm.
View Quote
Welp, I didn’t have any other things, so I pulled the battery and put a slight positive bend in the two contacts. Then I cut out a piece of electrical tape the size of a dime to under the battery and put a small sliver of tape along the  side of the battery opposite of the edge battery contact.

I was really surprised with how poorly it held zero between removing and reinstalling it. It was probably shifted left 2-3 MOA off of the irons’ zero (which were cowittnessed). With the screws just slightly loose you could easily wiggle an MOA or two left right on the mount.

Guess I’ll be rezeroing with slugs this weekend while testing the recoil, too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#7]
The Battlewerks plate is GTG, but here are some cheap solutions.

Take one of those flat rubber bands that they wrap around the asparagus at the store: cut off 2 small pieces.
- One square piece you can stick under the battery. This is compressible, but prevents the battery from losing contact with the battery contact on the bottom.

- and another small sliver, that gets tucked between the side/edge contact and the wall of the battery compartment. This prevents that side battery contact from ever getting squashed flat, no matter what. Bending the contact out works for a little while, but it eventually gets squashed flat-ish again. The piece of rubber behind the contact will prevent that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 6:45:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Battlewerks plate is GTG, but here are some cheap solutions.

Take one of those flat rubber bands that they wrap around the asparagus at the store: cut off 2 small pieces.
- One square piece you can stick under the battery. This is compressible, but prevents the battery from losing contact with the battery contact on the bottom.

- and another small sliver, that gets tucked between the side/edge contact and the wall of the battery compartment. This prevents that side battery contact from ever getting squashed flat, no matter what. Bending the contact out works for a little while, but it eventually gets squashed flat-ish again. The piece of rubber behind the contact will prevent that.
View Quote
LoL, asparagus band .

That's what I used.

I had read about the tricks to keeps the 01s running on handguns before I mounted one on my shockwave. I started off with the rubber bands and after 1k slugs, a couple cases of buckshot, and more birdshot I never had an issue.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top