Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/2/2003 4:29:43 PM EDT
My AR-15 is a post ban Bushmaster. Some time in the future, I might look into getting a RIS handguard, but in the mean time, I was wondering if it's legal to put RIS handguards on post ban ARs...
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:38:30 PM EDT
Yes, but you better hurry up, the new ban may include vertical grips.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:59:44 PM EDT
It is not any of the 'evil' features, so you should be good to go... Below is from http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/complete.htm (B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of -- (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; (iii) a bayonet mount; (iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and (v) a grenade launcher;
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:52:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sniper_Wolfe: Yes, but you better hurry up, the new ban may include vertical grips.
View Quote
SHHHHH! Don't give them any ideas. Next thing you know they argue that sheeple have no need for flashlights either.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:12:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Vinnie: SHHHHH! Don't give them any ideas. Next thing you know they argue that sheeple have no need for flashlights either.
View Quote
The bills including this feature as banned are already proposed.
Top Top