Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 2:08:27 PM EDT
Someone use this light or know something.PatriotOutfitters is selling, and compare with SureFire M910A.Any comments.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:09:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I started testing two last week (or was it the week before). Killed one bulb (heat related issue I think - it was after I burned through a set of batteries and stuck another set in) so I'm waiting for the manufacturer to send me some more. I will say it survived being thrown out a second story window, dropped on concrete several times - all the while the light remained on. It is not in the same class as the Surefire due to the bulb design (not as bright), and frankly there are better LIGHT options out there for the money (how much are they asking?) but if you gotta have the form factor, it could be a fair deal.

One other thing, it is not waterproof, although some parts of it are, like the battery compartment. The pressure pads are still "squishy" a week later after being submerged for a half hour. (still worked fine though).

If your main concern is the quality of the construction, it is really quite good and durable. I'm just not a big fan of this huge-ass VFG light form factor myself. I'd much rather have (and do have) a PentagonLight X3 in a picatinny mount hanging off the side of the gun with a TD VFG.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out page three.  There is a long thread about this light.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top