Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2003 8:49:04 PM EDT
Has anyone ever heard about a Co called RGM. They made AR15 for the USMC shooting team? I acquired #57 USMC.

Suppose to be a Pre Ban. Has the Bayonet lug on a 20" 1/7 twist. I am a little suspicious of it. Here are my reasons.
1) It was a A2 that had the carry handle cut off. I am trying to put the pictures of it on the net to show.
2)It isn't a full Heavy Barrel. Up until the gas block and front sight it is thin. Then it is turned to look  like a Heavy Barrel. It has a bayonet-Lug and a flash suppressor. The suppressor is held in place with a lock washer instead of the proper crush washer. Also there is no crown on the barrel where the threads are.
There are some other things I am not sure of. My big question is this a pre-ban legal. I have no info about this RGM. Corp. I was told they made a few trial rifles for the USMC sharp Shooters in the 70's -80's.

I am trying to get pictures on the et about it. Any info into the Company would be helpful. The barrel is marked CMP 1/7
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:07:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of RGM.  The only relevent result on Google is a listing on GunsAmerica.

As to that barrel, it is just a good ole Colt A2 barrel.  Nothing special or unusual about it except for the fact that somebody used a lock washer instead of a peel washer or crush washer.  Is the FS an A1 or A2?

On the upper without the carry handle, is the rear sight still in place?  
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi Hoplophile...I saw that on guns america when I tried research. It turns out that this is a Frankengun. It still had M16 bolt and trigger parts. The trigger had the hook ground off. It had an Armalite comp on the barrel. The upper handle was milled off and tapped for this weird flat rail.
I contacted some one about the lower. They said they will get back to me. They do think it is a Pre-Ban Lower. No one knows about RGM-Inc. They think it is a company back from the late 70's. Why it only says USMC #57 Unknown. If it was Military. It would say property of USMC.

The rifle was spray painted black. It started to peal when I played wit it. It also wasn't headspaced proper. Anyway there was no way I would try to sell this to someone. Also the person wanted $1600 for it.

Hope your doing OK
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top