Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:45:38 AM EDT
I picked up a bunch of military brass for free the other day. I had to chamfer the edge of the primer pockets because of the military primer crimp. Now they all loaded up just fine. My question is that I noticed that several of the primer are now sitting a little deepr in the primer pocket instead of being fairly flush. Does anyone know if this will cause me any problems ? Misfires ? Light primer strikes ? thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:51:43 AM EDT
[#1]
think you should put this in the reloading section cause its gonna get trashed here.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:11:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry for sounding stupid, but how do I move it and where is the reloading section ? thanks
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:14:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok, I did find the reloading section under "general" but can anyone tell me how to move it there ?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:15:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Your primers are fine.  Being a few thou under the rim ensures you will minimize the chances of a slam fire and won't hurt primer ignition one bit.

I've been reloading .mil brass for over a year now to the tune of nearly 2000 rounds and the only failures to fire I've had were because I forgot to add powder.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Your primers are fine.  Being a few thou under the rim ensures you will minimize the chances of a slam fire and won't hurt primer ignition one bit.

I've been reloading .mil brass for over a year now to the tune of nearly 2000 rounds and the only failures to fire I've had were because I forgot to add powder. h.gif

I hope you're just kidding about the forgetting to add powder part.  Otherwise, with that kind of lack of attention to detail you're just an amputee waiting to happen.

Why is it that I only check this board when I'm suffering from insomnia?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:02:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been reloading .mil brass for over a year now to the tune of nearly 2000 rounds and the only failures to fire I've had were because I forgot to add powder.

I hope you're just kidding about the forgetting to add powder part.  Otherwise, with that kind of lack of attention to detail you're just an amputee waiting to happen.

Who are you to lecture me on reloading safety?

No, I am not joking.  I got up from the bench for a few minutes and skipped a row of brass on the charging process.  Then I seated bullets on the lot.  BFD.

Now I make doubly sure I inspect all cases before seating bullets.  And don't bring the double charge BS to me here.  It is impossible to do with anything I reload.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:27:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who are you to lecture me on reloading safety?

No, I am not joking.  I got up from the bench for a few minutes and skipped a row of brass on the charging process.  Then I seated bullets on the lot.  BFD.

Now I make doubly sure I inspect all cases before seating bullets.  And don't bring the double charge BS to me here.  It is impossible to do with anything I reload.

I've done the same thing and I've been reloading for seventeen years. Luckily I caught my mistake at the bench and not at the range.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top