Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/3/2004 4:59:05 PM EST
I'm a new AR-15 owner and I want to protect my investment for the long term. How beneficial is it to add these and what exactly do they do? Are there any disadvantages to having them? I thank anyone that can help me with some input.

RECOIL BUFFER?

ACCU WEDGE?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:26:40 PM EST
Ummm... Recoil buffer is needed for the rifle to function, unless we're talking two different things.

Accuwedge simply retards most/all of the play between the upper and lower receiver when installed correctly.

- BG
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:31:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
Ummm... Recoil buffer is needed for the rifle to function, unless we're talking two different things.

Accuwedge simply retards most/all of the play between the upper and lower receiver when installed correctly.

- BG

Oh... So there's already a recoil buffer in the rifle? Sorry for seeming ignorant, but I'm still learning about this machine.

And the ACCUWEDGE... are those recommended or just a waste of $5 bucks?

ANYTHING ELSE (accessories) THAT ANYONE WOULD RECOMMEND TO PROLONG THE LIFE OF MY AR?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:52:45 PM EST
Buffer technologies has a recoil pad that goes on the buffer and is supposed to help protect the buffer face from the bolt. haven't shot with mine yet. they are 7$ i think from brownells.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:00:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By Jservis:
Buffer technologies has a recoil pad that goes on the buffer and is supposed to help protect the buffer face from the bolt. haven't shot with mine yet. they are 7$ i think from brownells.

Prolly get all mangled over time.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:07:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2004 6:09:44 PM EST by nbjly]
Since the bolt is touching the recoil buffer, there is no *impact* to buffer - plus using it requires you to push the buffer in to get the top to close - PITA
If it came loose it could bind in the tube, I would also guess that the increase in overall length is not a good thing.

Bad Idea
Top Top