Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2004 5:59:05 PM EDT
I'm a new AR-15 owner and I want to protect my investment for the long term.  How beneficial is it to add these and what exactly do they do?  Are there any disadvantages to having them?  I thank anyone that can help me with some input.

RECOIL BUFFER?

ACCU WEDGE?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummm... Recoil buffer is needed for the rifle to function, unless we're talking two different things.

Accuwedge simply retards most/all of the play between the upper and lower receiver when installed correctly.

- BG
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ummm... Recoil buffer is needed for the rifle to function, unless we're talking two different things.

Accuwedge simply retards most/all of the play between the upper and lower receiver when installed correctly.

- BG

Oh... So there's already a recoil buffer in the rifle?  Sorry for seeming ignorant, but I'm still learning about this machine.

And the ACCUWEDGE... are those recommended or just a waste of $5 bucks?

ANYTHING ELSE (accessories) THAT ANYONE WOULD RECOMMEND TO PROLONG THE LIFE OF MY AR?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Buffer technologies has a recoil pad that goes on the buffer and is supposed to help protect the buffer face from the bolt.  haven't shot with mine yet. they are 7$ i think from brownells.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Buffer technologies has a recoil pad that goes on the buffer and is supposed to help protect the buffer face from the bolt.  haven't shot with mine yet. they are 7$ i think from brownells.

Prolly get all mangled over time.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Since the bolt is touching the recoil buffer, there is no *impact* to buffer - plus using it requires you to push the buffer in to get the top to close - PITA
If it came loose it could bind in the tube, I would also guess that the increase in overall length is not a good thing.

Bad Idea
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top