Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/10/2006 7:04:01 AM EDT
Hello all,

Anyone come up with an effect way to measure the offset between the large and small aperture on the standard A2 sight? I have seen it posted that there are three different offsets. I have tried several different methods ... some rather creative ... but I have not been able to achieve a satisfactory result. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks
BB20
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:38:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bluebandit20:
Anyone come up with an effect way to measure the offset between the large and small aperture on the standard A2 sight?

1) Go to the range.

2) Shoot a 5 shot group using the small aperture at a target 50 yards away.

3) Draw lines from shot to shot to enclose the group (and define which shots were from the first string)

4) Shoot a 5 shot group using the large aperture at the same target. Mark the new holes in the same manner as you did for the first group.

5) Measure the distance between the center of the groups in inches. Multiply this value times 2 to give a rough estimate the change in MOA.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:15:13 PM EDT
Thanks Forest. Your reply is much appreciated.

That was similar to one of the tests that I have performed in the past. I am able to get tight enough shot groups to be able to get a good approximation. I also used a laser bore sighter on a 25m grid to try to see how much deviation there was between the two apertures. That still was not highly accurate, but good to help confirm the shot groups were close. I was hoping to get a more direct measurement from the sight itself. I had rigged a pointed (kind of like for degreeing a cam), but have not found a way to accurately measure the change in center.

Thanks again!
Top Top