Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:21:12 PM EDT
I'm interested in what my options are for a Red Dot sight in the $200 range. I've looked at the Vortex Sparc and Lucid HD7, but I was wondering if there are other quality options available.

Maybe next year I'll get an Aimpoint or EoTech, and move this cheaper version to the shotgun, but for now I have very limited funds available.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I think Burris has the Speed Dot, and millet may a version also at reasonable prices, and I do believe Bushnell has a EOtech version for under 250.00. and the Trophy Series.

And Primary Arms make some pretty good cheap Red Dots also.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep an eye out on craigslist.  I've been able to nab several RDS's at a great price.  In particular, I got two Trijicon reflex sights for $200 a piece and a Burris FastFire II for $75.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks I'll check out the Burris and keep an eye out on Craigslist. Last I heard the Bushnell version of the Eotech was no longer being made.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Thanks I'll check out the Burris and keep an eye out on Craigslist. Last I heard the Bushnell version of the Eotech was no longer being made.

I have seen several online, but in realtree and maybe in OEM OS, prices were from 209.00 to 249.00 depending on which web site. Sorry I do not have the names but you can Google it.

Burris fastfire 2 is a pretty decent sight.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll have to suggest the PA micro.  The mini dots just are not rugged due to the design... the PA is tough enough to withstand some serious use.  Only $100 also.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 on the Primary Arms Red Dots, good deal for under $100.00
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Check out TNVC's RDP II. Well within your price range.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#8]
The Lucid had the potential to be a great sight, but they design is flawed in two ways. First, it should be lower, to allow an absolute co-witness. You can always ad a spacer to make a sight higher, but you cannot low the lucid.

Second, a couple of the reticule choices are useless and should be eliminated in favor of a ballistic reticule with 4 and 5 hundred meter aiming points, like the Eotech Ballistic reticule.

If they did this, they might sell me one. I like the auto brightness, and the aaa battery.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top