Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 11/17/2008 9:54:20 AM EDT
I have been looking at both of these micro red dots and other than the inlcusion of a manual on/off switch I do not see any real difference between the two?

Anyone have a strong opinion one way or the other in regards to dot brightness, clarity, etc? Has anyone used either of these sights with night vision?

Thanks,

Dawg
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:38:45 PM EDT
No one? I was wondering the same
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:45:42 PM EDT
I own both and they're both just OK....

I like having the on/off switch capability of the Burris. BOTH of them are sub-optimal for shooting in low-light / no-light conditions. With both of them, I REALLY wish I could determine the scope's brightness (like with an Aimpoint or EO-Tech) rather than dealing with the "auto-brightness" sensor.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:59:09 PM EDT
Actually xmikex that is a *tremendous* help! I did not expect anyone would own both.

If you have a weapon mounted light and 'flash' it on a target, do you suffer reticle washout?

FYI, my anticipated application is to use an SAR mount to bolt it on top of a factory MSAR STG-556 optic and give me a scope with reticle for precision shooting and a red dot for speed shooting and a BUOS (back up optical sight).

I just wanted to know if it would also allow me to have an option for optics with night vision, although based on some experimenting witha friends gear I have foudn that a laser is probably the best bet for that- goggles or head mounted monocles are just too difficult to geta good sight pic on a red dot due to focus issues, at least on the low end stuff.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:41:27 AM EDT
I just got a fastfire from the EE and have only played with it a little, I put it on a beretta cx4 carbine; but here is my two cents.

The dot is only 4moa I believe. That is fine except in dim light. The inability to adjust the brightness can make for a hard to find dot. It brightens up great in daylight, not overly bright. In near darkness it flickers, very annoying, may just be the unit I have.

Off topic but for anyone with the beretta it is nice on my storm. Co-witnesses with the factory iron sights perfectly, they fold down when not needed. Glad I bought it, this gun is just a range toy for me and I couldn't justify the cost of an eotech on it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:55:33 AM EDT
I know at least with older RDPs they are OFF in the dark unlike say a Dr Optc which is just dimmed to the correct level for shooting in the dark but wont go all the way to not even giving a usable dot.
Top Top