Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2002 8:52:42 PM EDT
I have an SR-15 M5 with the RAS on it. The panels move around and I cannot seem to get them to stay put. For you guys with experience with these, what is the secret? The little clip doesn't seem to be engaging the rail.

Rick
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:54:24 AM EDT
[#1]
don't forget, the ras panel attachment points only click into the front and the back of the rails
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Even properly installed, the plastic panels will have "some" play, but shouldn't slide out of place.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 4:37:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Send me your most lose rail panel, or all three if you like for my guys to inspect.
They probably need new spring clips.
Mail attention to:
Dave Lutz
c/o Knight's Armament Company
7750 9th Street SW
Vero Beach, FL 32968
My big question is, however, did you call anyone here at Knight's for help? (772) 778-3700?
ColdBlue sends...
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Even properly installed, the plastic panels will have "some" play, but shouldn't slide out of place.
View Quote

I used to have mine rattle or jingle when I shoot the FF RAS but I used a pair of needle nosed pliers on the tabs to make em engage deeper into the grooves and now they are 100% rock solid with no noise or movement.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I have Knight's pannels on my DPMS ff handrail, and they fit VERY tight - hard to get on, really, but are now rock solid.  I know this may not help you, but I thought I would add that mine have no play whatsoever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top