Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/5/2005 5:10:27 PM EDT
I'm looking to build an M4gery, but have come to a fork in the road. Do I get a RAS or RIS. I know that the RAS is newer, but you still bump into a RIS occassionally. I was wondering what everyone's preference was, and why.

Also, does anyone know if there are any RAS IIs being issued. I ask because I personally have no knowledge of whether or not they are, but was curious since I keep seeing RAS II's for less than the standard RAS. Are people getting rid of them because they don't like them?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:43:40 PM EDT
RIS is for slim barrel Ars and RAS is for HB Ars. All I have seen issued is the M4 RAS.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:59:52 PM EDT
RAS can still be used w/ Gov't profile barrels though, right?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:16:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:17:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gimme_A_Carbine:
RAS can still be used w/ Gov't profile barrels though, right?

Yes. The RIS just give you more leeway as far as barrel diameter, but it sacrifices some stability.

The RAS will work anywhere from a Gov't profile up to a Colt or Bushy HBAR. It won't work on pencil barrels or the HBARs from other companies.

As far as the RAS II, I'ms ure there are a few floating around out there in military hands, but it was never adopted or issued in any signinfcant numbers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:01:43 PM EDT
Alright thanks. I'm going to go w/ a RAS, b/c I found a really good deal on one, and it seems like it will suit my needs.
Top Top